[Switch] crashing when playing docked.

limitlis

I was playing last weekend to try out the Ash Canyon update and try and find that awesome loot. But it kept crashing while playing in docked mode. The weird part was that, on my daughter suggestion, the crashing went away when I started playing in handheld mode.

Anyone else experiencing crashing when playing docked on switch?

Edited by limitlis
grammar

This has also been happening to me. It started in Ash Canyon and crashed so often I had to use a sleeping bag to save every 15 minutes just to make progress. I did find the loot in AC and make it out, but it took much longer than I would like. Also experienced a crash going indoors on hunted part 2 challenge. I will try playing in docked to see if it resolves the issue, smart suggestion. 

• 1 month later...

I've honestly stopped playing for a bit because I'm currently in bleak inlet and my game crashes a lot while docked. Glad I found this forum because I didn't consider docking to be the issue as I've spent 20 days in pleasant valley, docked and running around outside with no issues. As so as I got to bleak inlet my game has crashed 3 times in the span of 2-3 in game days, loosing each day's progress. I sent an email through support to Hinterland and have yet to receive a response back. (They are usually quick as in 1 day of responding but I understand the covid has caused delays..) 

• 2 weeks later...

Is it only an issue in Ash canton? I finally got out of there with the back pack and crampons. I used the quick wheel and passed an hour of card playing time every 10 minutes until I was finally out of there. Now to get the cargo from the plane crash. I can play in handheld on the Switch, but it’s not so much fun... my eyesight isn’t what it used to be and it’s hard to make things out until I’m just about on top of it. I hope this crashing stuff gets figured out soon. 🙃