Black Bear Defeated!

issabeepboop

I killed a black bear outside of Quonset Garage in CH! It honestly was fairly uneventful. I set out in the morning armed with my rifle and began creeping around, looking for the bear I had seen wandering around a few times. I got lucky. After about 10 minutes of looking around I saw him. Big Ol' Black bear was lumbering along the road coming from the nearby logging path just on the edge of the Coastal Townsite. I crouched to remain undetected and quickly snuck to the edge of Quonset, dropped a raw coho salmon as a lure then quickly ran to the car on the opposite side. Crouching behind the car near the door, I waited fro the bear to approach the lure. Soon enough he did. Still crouched, I aimed my rifle and pulled the trigger and hopped in the car. I think it hit him in the lower neck area, but he ran off. I waited a few minutes before deciding to start following the blood trail but once I did only after about a minute I saw the bear walking back towards the lure. I ran back to the car and repeated that process two more times. I hit him in the side the 2nd shot, a 3rd shot missed and a 4th hit in the neck. He started stumbling away before collapsing. I slowly walked over to him, not sure if he was dead or napping. Might've shot him in the head just to make sure. I had killed my first bear! I couldn't believe it 10 guts and 26.6 kg of meat along with the hide! My bear hunt was a success!!! However I did die before the bear hide finished curing so I didn't get to use it but still awesome!!

• Upvote 1

On 12/17/2020 at 3:44 AM, issabeepboop said:

I couldn't believe it 10 guts and 26.6 kg of meat along with the hide! 

That's a lot of meat o.O. Bears are very fat, it seems. I wish bunnies had that much food. They're far less of a pain to kill. Literally, haha

Edited by Catlover
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 11:44 AM, issabeepboop said:

I killed a black bear outside of Quonset Garage in CH! It honestly was fairly uneventful. I set out in the morning armed with my rifle and began creeping around, looking for the bear I had seen wandering around a few times. I got lucky. After about 10 minutes of looking around I saw him. Big Ol' Black bear was lumbering along the road coming from the nearby logging path just on the edge of the Coastal Townsite. I crouched to remain undetected and quickly snuck to the edge of Quonset, dropped a raw coho salmon as a lure then quickly ran to the car on the opposite side. Crouching behind the car near the door, I waited fro the bear to approach the lure. Soon enough he did. Still crouched, I aimed my rifle and pulled the trigger and hopped in the car. I think it hit him in the lower neck area, but he ran off. I waited a few minutes before deciding to start following the blood trail but once I did only after about a minute I saw the bear walking back towards the lure. I ran back to the car and repeated that process two more times. I hit him in the side the 2nd shot, a 3rd shot missed and a 4th hit in the neck. He started stumbling away before collapsing. I slowly walked over to him, not sure if he was dead or napping. Might've shot him in the head just to make sure. I had killed my first bear! I couldn't believe it 10 guts and 26.6 kg of meat along with the hide! My bear hunt was a success!!! However I did die before the bear hide finished curing so I didn't get to use it but still awesome!!

Very nice!!! Congrats dude! How's the feeling?