The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.90 [70139]

Admin

1 hour ago, peteloud said:

That is probably due to some aspect of the system.  No one else seems to be reporting that problem.

My system is an Xbox One... nothing special about it.  If it's just unique to me, then it could be my slow internet, but that didn't affect the game at all before the Hot Fix.  Not sure if a faulty download could cause this sort of issue though.  I am toying with uninstalling and reinstalling, but I'd like to be certain that's what is needed since doing that could take the better part of a day or more.

On 12/11/2020 at 4:13 PM, StillNomad said:

I just updated to v1.90. This problem existed in v1.89 as well. When in AC and specifically looking at ashy trees, the FPS drops to 1-3fps. When looking towards the sky or ground, the FPS goes back up (to 20-25 in AC). All other maps work well with 25-30 FPS and gameplay isn't affected. When looking at other trees/forests in other regions, there is no significant drop in FPS. I wonder if the textures have something to do with it. I watched a YT video today and the textures for ashy trees look more detailed. I've submitted this on the Support portal, but I post this here to know if anyone else has this particular issue. I play on a MacBP 2015 with a Win10 x64 external SSD on Steam (yes, not ideal I know, but it has worked well till now and still does in other regions. Just not in AC looking at trees). 

Ok, so I have found a temporary fix to this issue. I removed the [-force-glcore] arguments from the properties and this seems to have eliminated the FPS drop issue. The only problem is, I had added those arguments due to the frequent crashes I used to have while playing the game and the arguments had fixed the crash issue. I wonder if the game will start crashing again now that I have removed them. Again, this FPS drop is only in AC. I hope this helps the devs.

7 hours ago, Sherri said:

I think I'm still going to wait on playing TLD until another patch comes out. Too many issues still happening.

Yes... hopefully 1.91 is released before their holiday break. Maybe even 1.92 if some of the issues insist

Edited by Mistral

After this "hotfix"  I get like a lot of crashes. Im hiking from Office in ML trough Ravine into Bleak Inlet. First crash was just after loading transition. Last save was in Office ML. So I tried again and actually got to watch tower in Bleak and guess what it crashed again. Last save? Back in Office ML. 

I had cuople of crashes before. It happens after all Im on something like day 350. But this is very annoying.

Though in Wintermute I had one bug that freeze game when you take some magazine , last one for a PS4 trophy. Why dont You hotfix that. Hotfix? Pfft

The Linux version at GoG is still v1.86. I'm so pissed right now. I know Hinterland is not to blame but I have to vent off some steam somewhere. GoG even ignores the ticket I have filed. I wish there was some other service (not Steam!) where I can buy TLD for Linux PC from... I would buy it a third time just for more regular more reliable updates.

• Admin unpinned this topic

There is the Time Machine now - understandably, all development involves changes, and changes risk affecting other things Survival related. 1.62 gave the changed and more varied wildlife behavior which I adore ❤️ and 1.74 is my best version with the most fixes before troubles began building. I would not cry if 1.74 was offered as a Time Machine version. 👍

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/11/2020 at 2:40 PM, LumiStylesTTV said:

Is the hotfix for all platforms. My game on the switch crashes in ash Canyon multiple times in the run of an hour but in no other region.

Months have passed and still the game crashes on switch everytime I play in Ash Canyon.

When will this be solved? This region is unplayable at the moment.

• 3 months later...
On 12/16/2020 at 6:16 PM, Alone said:

"[Survival] All cabins now display smoke coming out of their chimney, when a fire is lit inside. "

Still not fixed after all this time ( ._.)

(change log version 1.76)

And, it´s not fixed to date :/

• Like 1