The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.90 [70139]

Admin

2038659272_HesitantProspect_Steam_Cover_Image_800x450.png.d8bd360eb226309869bb0ac22b6c9597.png

We’ve released our v1.90 Hotfix for The Long Dark. If you encounter any issues while playing the game please visit our Support Portal

To stay up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).  

GENERAL FIXES

• [General] Fixed a crash that would occur if the in-game language was set to Turkish.
  • [General] Fixed an issue that caused players Badges and Feats to disappear
  • [General] Fixed an issue that would cause Players to spawn inside of the Main Menu scene, after exiting the new Survival game creation flow.
  • [General] Ash Canyon added to the Random Region list in Survival Mode. 

GENERAL ART FIXES

• [Enviro] Fixed missing cliff detail on numerous vistas found in Ash Canyon.
  • [Enviro] Fixed numerous floating and clipping items.
  • [Enviro] Pass for terrain traps in Ash Canyon. 
  • [Enviro] Fixed floating environment meshes found in Ash Canyon.
  • [Enviro] Rabbits will no longer climb on the broken fishing hut, in the Main Menu.
  • [Enviro] Fixed low res textures appearing on the rope bridge, when visuals are set to Ultra. 
  • [Enviro] Fixed an issue that caused item piles to become non-interactable when stacked on top of piles of  the same item type. 
  • [Prop] Fixed level of detail popping issue on Camp Fires.

USER INTERFACE

• [UI] Fixed missing region name from the “You started in” journal stat, when starting in Ash Canyon.
  • [UI] Fixed an issue that prevented tracking Time Spent in Ash Canyon in the Journal.
  • [UI] Fixed an issue that prevented the region text from properly fading out after viewing the Map. This would cause a faint shadow of text to remain on screen. 
  • [UI] Load screen icons will now fade out after loading is complete, as intended. 
  • [UI] Localized text now correctly appears when selecting Timberwolf Mountain in the Region Selection.
  • [UI] Added missing localized strings and fixed several translation issues.
  • [UI] Loading into Ash Canyon now uses the correct load screen art.

SURVIVAL MODE

• [General] The Sure Footing benefit will no longer expire and then reactive after a transition.
  • [Ash Canyon] Items can no longer be dropped when on a bridge, as intended.
  • [Ash Canyon] Pass for missing environment sound effects.
  • [Ash Canyon] All Abandoned Fires now appear as burnt out, as intended.

CHALLENGE MODE

• [Darkwalker] Fixed an issue that could cause the Player to become stuck on a black screen after dying in a Darkwalker game, if the death animation could not be played in full. 

KNOWN ISSUES

• [WINTERMUTE] Placing the last Fuse in Episode Three does not work on Xbox or PS4 and causes the game to hang.
  • [General] Players on PS4 Pro may sometimes encounter a black screen while playing. The game continues to run, and the Player will be able to hear gameplay. Users can press Start to bring up the Pause Menu to exit, or quit back to the dashboard.
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 8

Hi everyone. I'm playing this game on ps4. After 1.89 patch i'm getting this error code when  ı trying play any mode (ce-34878-0) and keep crashing. Other games working just fine but i cant play long dark anymore. If someone can help i will be happy thanks. Sorry for my english by the way.

Thanks for the quick patch! 👍

Oddly enough, my Steam displays a message upon starting the game, saying:

"Steam was unable to synchronize your The Long Dark Files files with Steams Cloud. In case you used this application on another computer (I DID NOT!!) it can happen, that these files/settings are unsynchronized with the Steam cloud. In case you now start this application, these files/settings may get lost."

I started up the game, and everything -including my only save- looks to be fine.

UPDATE!
I restarted my PC and the message is gone, everything is OK and I have no missing inventory items. It seems a restart is advised.

Edited by palbi
  • Like 1

Thank you. It is important to get the journal working with Ash Canyon tracking. HOWEVER, the journal is otherwise still broken, as on my active 800+ day character journal the all-time stats for different difficulty levels have now all either reset to zero, or some to partial values. It is extremely frustrating as I do not wish to have lost it all, for that character and the others.

The only row that does show correct data is the "current sandbox" one. But even that is showing some incorrect information, as it says 100% of the game world / 284 locations has been explored, even though that cannot be the case with the added-in Ash Canyon locations that have yet to be found for that character. It should say ~90%or whatever.

Also, key bindings are still resetting to defaults and I cannot change them. I'm not sure why this is still an issue since resetting has been occuring ever since Darkwalker update, and cannot-change-bindings since 1.88

I filed two new bug reports.

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 1

Wow, that was quick. Thanks to Hinterland.

I just updated to v1.90. This problem existed in v1.89 as well. When in AC and specifically looking at ashy trees, the FPS drops to 1-3fps. When looking towards the sky or ground, the FPS goes back up (to 20-25 in AC). All other maps work well with 25-30 FPS and gameplay isn't affected. When looking at other trees/forests in other regions, there is no significant drop in FPS. I wonder if the textures have something to do with it. I watched a YT video today and the textures for ashy trees look more detailed. I've submitted this on the Support portal, but I post this here to know if anyone else has this particular issue. I play on a MacBP 2015 with a Win10 x64 external SSD on Steam (yes, not ideal I know, but it has worked well till now and still does in other regions. Just not in AC looking at trees). 

The badges and feats fix works great, at least they are back where they should be.  Unfortunately, the Campaign Mastery badge got compromised because for a while the game (or Steam?) saw I had "done" all the challenges when I had not and gave me that badge (Steam award?). 

I hope that the keybind reset issue can be fixed soon too.  

3 hours ago, ryanpierce01@gmail.com said:

I'm playing on Xbox Series X, have updated to 1.90 but my badges/feats/challenges still show as 0%. Anyone else experiencing this? Glad to see they patched this so fast, but disheartening to see the issue persists for me :(

I'm on PS4 Pro. Still lost badges and progress and patch as well. Disappointing.

My game was working fine after the Hesitant update and before this hotfix, but now my character cannot leave the Maintenance Shed in Broken Railroad (which is where he was saved before the hotfix hit).  When I open the door, the game goes to the loading screen and then to pure black except for the condition meters in the lower left corner.  Pressing any of the keys does nothing and I ultimately have to return to the Xbox Home page.  So, I kissed that file save goodbye and attempted to start a new character in Broken Railroad... and the game will not even spawn him regardless of difficulty.  It will spawn a new character in other random zones,; however, Broken Railroad is a total no go zone.  Can someone else please test out that zone and let me know if it's working for you?

ETA:  Figured it out - I guess "Ready to start" only applies if you're not trying to start in Broken Railroad.  It was only after download was 100% finished that the zone would load... probably  it is the last one that does.  My internet being so very slow means that a download of the size of this update takes several hours.  Having a "ready to start" message appear at 50% is really confusing when their are entire zones of the map that won't function at that stage of the download.

Edited by UpUpAway95
Additional information
  • Upvote 1

Sadly it seems if you loaded a game in 1.89 and got the bug where you lost all your badges and feats the 1.90 will not fix this.(on ps4 anyway not sure about other platforms) Seems to be tied to your profile save for me since it's very easy for profile to get corrupted i make a backup whenever i get a new badge or feat. I was able to recover my badges with the 1.90 hotfix by loading up a backup profile i had made before the 1.89 hotfix.

On 12/11/2020 at 2:29 PM, Mistral said:

key bindings are still resetting to defaults and I cannot change them

Yup, my keybindings are still resetting to defaults too, but I CAN change them (I'm doing this every time I launch the game 😢).

Maybe this information will be helpful:

• I'm changing "Put Away" action from H to Q
  • I'm changing "Rotate Left" action from Q to [
  • I'm changing "Rotate Right" action from E to ]
  • I'm using Windows 10 with RU localization 🤔

20 hours ago, ryanpierce01@gmail.com said:

I'm playing on Xbox Series X, have updated to 1.90 but my badges/feats/challenges still show as 0%. Anyone else experiencing this? Glad to see they patched this so fast, but disheartening to see the issue persists for me :(

I'm having this issue too. I only had unlocked 2 feats but it was still a lot of work... I was playing on Xbox 1 tho 

Edited by SpanishMoss

Now that I've had a chance to play for a few hours, I've noticed 2 things in particular.

1) I'm experiencing frequent choppiness (stuttering of the video accompanied by broken/interrupted audio).

2) I'm also frequently getting garbled load screens where it is broken into lines of pixels displaced at about a 45 degree angle from the line/row of pixels above and below.  This is particularly occurring in Broken Railroad and may be related to the issue I posted about up-thread.

38 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Now that I've had a chance to play for a few hours, I've noticed 2 things in particular.

1) I'm experiencing frequent choppiness (stuttering of the video accompanied by broken/interrupted audio).

2) I'm also frequently getting garbled load screens where it is broken into lines of pixels displaced at about a 45 degree angle from the line/row of pixels above and below.  This is particularly occurring in Broken Railroad and may be related to the issue I posted about up-thread.

If you're on steam I would try validating the files or whatever they call it. Check integrity of the game cache?