Broken Ribs Help

ecaroline02

Hi had a nasty run in with a moose and walked away with two broken ribs. I have taken the pain killers and used the bandages, but I cannot get those hours of rest! I've slept and past time, but yet my rest remains at 0 out of 120. Once I got it to 12 out of 120, but it reset. I have no idea what triggered any of this. I have no clue how to actually heal myself. I am struggling to understand what I need to do. The wiki says "...120 hours (5 days) of rest... The medical treatments don't relieve any symptoms and aren't required for resting. Both treatments can be left until after the resting is completed. Sleeping and passing time both count toward the resting requirement." But clearly I am messing up. Any help or advice would be so greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

At face value, it does sounds like a glitch in your particular save game.  If so, other than quit and reload the save game; quit out of TLD, start it up and load the save game; and cold boot your system then start up TLD and load the game,  I do not know if there is much that can be done other than report what happened and carry on if you can or start a new game. 

If you start a new game, you might go find a moose and get trampled by it and see if the same problem arises, then report the bug with more details (I am kidding 😉).  

None of my characters have had the broken ribs affliction so there is not much more I can say.  Good luck.

Ahh, I know this one.  The 120 hours would have read 120/120 hours.  It's a countdown. You've gotten the rest you need.  You need to bandage and take painkillers again. Poof.

Try this, and get back to me. I'm sure this is it (it takes 2 treatments of both for the initial injury).

• Upvote 2

Affliction counters count down not up.  If you look carefully, you'll probably see that the treatment screen is asking for another dose of painkillers and a  bandage (i.e. IIRC, you won't yet see a check mark beneath their symbols - it has been awhile since I've had broken ribs).

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Affliction counters count down not up.  If you look carefully, you'll probably see that the treatment screen is asking for another dose of painkillers and a  bandage (i.e. IIRC, you won't yet see a check mark beneath their symbols - it has been awhile since I've had broken ribs).

That's what I meant.  At 0/120 means the recovery portion of the affliction was over.  120/120 would have meant no recovery had begun.  I should post more often when I'm not tired :)