Ash canyon bugs/glitches

TIMBERBEAR810

now, I Know this is new and it may be fixed soon , but I certainly have seen some weird problems and glitches in ash canyon. First, sometimes you can see random things just floating in the sky like a tree platform which is really weird, and secondly there are SO many ways to get randomly stuck which is REALLY annoying. but I like the music and the region theme itself.

-edit I made it too the mine but I died after arriving because I had severe hypothermia and no light source.

Edited by TIMBERBEAR810

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

Still have the floating objects in the air after the latest patch.

I found a couple too, but only visible as long as I was high up on a mountain side.   the last update cleared a bunch for certain, but  from what i understand  each floater has to be individually addressed so if you come across another one I'd suggest you submit a new bug report for the next update if you haven't done so already.  please and thank you!

That's what I thought at first too, so started dropping a lot of decoys for several different wuffs, not a single one of them ever picked one up. Happened in both Ash Canyon and Timberwolf Mountain. Gonna try booting up a previous save and see if I can feed one of these guys.

Here's some I've run into:

• keybindings reset to default every time I start the game
  • the sound got quieter, as soon as I entered Ash Canyon
  • I've come across numerous items which I cannot interact with / pick up (latest one was stump remover, lying on the ground)
  • I came across a corpse which I couldn't interact with at all (Ash Canyon, middle of map)

Pretty weird.

(Steam/Windows)

The hit boxes on carcasses (and other objects) are sometimes wonky since the update to the Unity engine. This has been true since the test release (and the subsequent Dark Walker release). For carcasses that don't seem intractable, I have the best luck finding the misplaced hit box near the feet, but it's pretty small.

I noticed the wolf behavior change as well. I aimed the rifle at a wolf that was stalking me, and instead of charging, it turned and ran.

On 12/11/2020 at 7:31 PM, piddy3825 said:

I found a couple too, but only visible as long as I was high up on a mountain side.   the last update cleared a bunch for certain, but  from what i understand  each floater has to be individually addressed so if you come across another one I'd suggest you submit a new bug report for the next update if you haven't done so already.  please and thank you!

I plan on spending a fair amount of time in Ash Canyon so I will note the positions of the objects and submit the bug report.  Thanks for the idea.

Edited by Booch

• 2 weeks later...