Update on Issues with HESITANT PROSPECT

Admin

Hello Community, 

We are aware of two issues that some players have reported since updating to the HESITANT PROSPECT Survival Update today. and wanted to update you on what we're doing to address them.

• A small number of players are losing or gaining Badges following the update. We are aware of what is causing this and are working on a fix that we believe will address this issue.
  • A small number of players are having issues creating a new Survival Mode game. We are investigating the cause. and are hoping to be able to have a solution for the problem shortly afterward.

At this time we don't have a specific ETA on when we expect to Hotfix these issues, but we will communicate updates across our social channels and in the forums.

We thank you for your patience, and the help of those that have reported these issues to us. If you are having these, or other issues, please contact our Support Team at thelongdark.com/support.

Sincerely,

- The Hinterland Team

• Like 4

As always, I really appreciate the quick response.
I suppose (just to err on the side of caution) I'll hold off on the update; pending the Hotfix.
Thank you, Hinterland.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
[Addendum]
@Admin
Is it something specific to consoles, or does this impact the Steam release as well?

Edited by ManicManiac

I already updated but I haven't opened it, I haven't done anything ecept click update. I did ti during school so I didn't have time. I played another game meanwhile because I wanted to save for EPIC AWESOME WEEKEND!!! :D Now I read this, I will not open it, I really hope I won't lose any thing! And Just in case, I use Steam PC version. WIndows 10, Intel i5, Intel UHD 620 graphics. :]

Thank you very much for your feedback in such a short time. Unfortunately, I am having the problem myself. There are obviously bugs in the videos that I posted to support team. I also noticed that other players have expressed the same problems in some youtube comments. Some of the players wrote that they fell off the map, some of them could not even exit the game. I hope it will be resolved soon. Endless thanks to "The Long Dark Team" 

Edited by RightClix

I've seen some visual bugs with objects floating high in the sky. I submitted one bug report about this, but I think I've seen another one in another location

More seriously, changing keybindings still doesn't seem to persist

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Admin said:
  • A small number of players are having issues creating a new Survival Mode game. We are investigating the cause. and are hoping to be able to have a solution for the problem shortly afterward.

Possible problem - MelonLoader. Delete the file InterloperRegionSelection.dll

Another issue is key bindings are not saved between game sessions. Every start bindings reset to default. Its quite annoying.

At first I though something is seriously broken as I coudnt move, then I realized keys got reset.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, RightClix said:

Thank you very much for your feedback in such a short time. Unfortunately, I am having the problem myself. There are obviously bugs in the videos that I posted to support team. I also noticed that other players have expressed the same problems in some youtube comments. Some of the players wrote that they fell off the map, some of them could not even exit the game. I hope it will be resolved soon. Endless thanks to "The Long Dark Team" 

Can we have the links of the videos please?

If possible can you push out the badge fix first? I want to hop into the new region and don't want to deal with unearned badges. The main reason I love TLD is that each challenge is rewarded by the badge achievement. I understand if it's not possible right now but I'll wait until it's out to start a new game. I love TLD, great work y'all!

• Upvote 1

I am really curious about this subject. How can I not play one of the best games of my life while other players are playing without any bugs or problems? How is this possible? My system is not too bad. I have a medium system. I want to cry. I can't even watch broadcasters to avoid spoilers. I'm officially in pain.

56 minutes ago, RightClix said:

I am really curious about this subject. How can I not play one of the best games of my life while other players are playing without any bugs or problems? How is this possible? My system is not too bad. I have a medium system. I want to cry. I can't even watch broadcasters to avoid spoilers. I'm officially in pain.

I know how you feel. I'm getting close to no help when it comes to my issues I've been having and it's incredibly frustrating. 5/10 minutes per loading screen is atrocious! What am I to do now? TLD might as well be my favorite game and they're not even addressing my issue. =/

For me I had some render issues, I play on a first gen Xbox One, so it's not what you'd call 'powerful' in any way. Walking around Ash Canyon I saw parts of the bridges floating, and then they would gradually render in the closer I got. This was most noticeable with the highest rope bridge on the way to the mine. It didn't even load in for me until I got right under it. I'm pretty sure this is more of a software limitation than a bug, but just though someone needed to hear it.

I had some issues last night trying to cook coffee. I would light a fire, select cook, select an empty can, and then select coffee. It would give me a metal sound and nothing else. Other things like water and food would work. I had the same issue with cooking prepared rose hips. I assume this is part of the update since I have never had the issue before. I almost died due to running out of food and I was surviving on the small calories from coffee and tea.

I think folks would benefit from taking a deep breath and being patient.

After major updates (historically) there are almost always new bugs and issues found, and Hinterland usually has the first round of Hoxfixes out pretty quickly.

It's only been roughly 2 days, and I bet the Support Team has been flooded with reports (plus pandemic working conditions now factor in as well).
I'm certain they are working as quickly as they can, and I'm sure the Hotfix is on the way.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Hang in there survivors... it's going to be alright.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

As we’ve states is you are having an issue please contact our Support Team at thelongdark.com/support. 

The more reports we get the more information we have to discover and solve an issue. We hope to be able to make progress on issues that have been reported through that channel and find a resolution. 

Thanks. 

• Upvote 1