Appreciation Post

StabTheJuiceBox

I've thought about saying this for a long time, but I'm back to a point in my life where it's truer than ever.

Thank You to the creators, this game has saved my life.

I truly mean that. Whilst immersing myself in your challenging, thoughtful and beautiful world of The Long Dark, I learned to take better care of myself. I know that sounds silly, but it's true. I poured hours into caring for Kenzie and Astrid, caring for them in ways I didn't even do for myself. While playing I found myself stopping and thinking, I just fed my character and warmed them by a fire, maybe I should feed myself and do some self care. I discovered through your story and gameplay mechanics the truth about how I was nurturing my own well being, mentally and physically. Depression is one hell of a beast. The Long Dark helped me get through my own darkness. I am so incredibly thankful that I found this game, and that the creators told their story in such a way that captivates and truly moves people. 

Anyways, I just wanted to send this thank you into the community. I hope everyone is doing well, staying safe and making it through their dark.

- J

• Upvote 1
  • Like 7

Thank you so much for your support J.

We hope that it's hyperbole that you're taking better care of Mackenzie and Astrid than yourself, and that you're taking good care of yourself and being well.

We're extremely grateful for support and kind words like this from our players. We know it's been a hard year for many people, and we're doing what we can to help by working hard on the game. It's a very small part but hopefully it brings some amount of comfort to you.

Thank you again for this letter.

Best wishes,

- The Hinterland Team

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, StabTheJuiceBox said:

Anyways, I just wanted to send this thank you into the community. I hope everyone is doing well, staying safe and making it through their dark.

Everything is great. There are a lot of great guys here. Come to us to discuss everything.)

5 hours ago, Admin said:

- The Hinterland Team

You are all the best. Thanks.