My Revenant Challenge - Yeah one that starts off with a mauling

dbmurph22

Hi everyone, quick invitation to check out my custom Revenant Challenge.  It starts off a bit like The Hunted, but afterward there's no relentless bear that I can keep at bay with fire and condition I can easily recover.  Also, the loot is sparing and there's a time limit for me to get to the Signal Fire at Hushed River Valley to catch Fitzgerald.   

Interloper general settings.  Low recovery.  Firearms.  Increased predator aggression.  Better starting gear (sort of, as it much of it gets immediately ruined).

Hope to see you in there watching me get mauled and stressing out over little things as I cling to life.  If you enjoy watching someone have a high chance of death, then you should get a kick out of it.  I have a good mix of experience in the game, but still missing things here and there for the most experienced to pop in about.  All the best.

Murph

Very interesting idea, I like it!

I was a bit surprised that you started off with a bandage and antiseptic, rather than having to secure them in the wild/loot. On the other hand, it might be too hard if you don't have this in the beginning, unless its stalker difficulty.

Anyway, great idea and hope you catch Fitzgerald. Need 'ma pelt!

Thanks Zak!  I appreciate you checking it out and commenting here.  Yeah, normally I would start off with minimal starting gear, but it's basically not feasible if with that setting and then an immediate mauling.  You'd have to first create tinder and a bandage (and antiseptic/OMB soon after).  I considered that.  I felt it was more streamlined though to start off with higher starting gear allocation to have it right there and after the mauling your clothes get thrashed, so the sum of your initial gear strength after that is low anyway.  Plus it's a bit fun to let game challenges, scenarios and constructs create a bit of a custom setting mix that you don't normally see.

I'll get back at it soon.  Thanks for the well wishing and I hope I can live another day.