Stuck in water or rocks

Trapped in water or rock formations!  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That has happened to me twice, maybe three times. For reference, I've played this game for ~2785 hours, and have (among other things) the faithful cartographer achievement. I did find one in HRV recently; if you crouch and drop into a little depression near the shallow cave that's to the right and below the entry gully you can't leave.

Hinterland does generally want to fix those, so before you quit when you get stuck, you should hit F8 to take a "debug" screenshot (it'll have your precise location coordinates added as text to the screenie) and go to https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and submit a bug report so they can fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeffpeng

It's rather hard to strike the right balance between "obstacles actually being obstacles" and "make sure you can get out of everything". Why? Because the more leeway you introduce to being able to overcome terrain, the more you introduce exploits to work around actual terrain that is not meant to be passable.  Probably the best way to tackle this is an "unstuck me" option, but even that is prone to exploits... as World of Warcraft proved quite impressively back in the good old days.