Bleak Inlet -Phantom Corpse?

TFA303

I'm on the island in Bleak Inlet just across from the Trailer near the Cannery. (Lower  Left on the map.) There is a corpse showing on the map, and crows circling above it, but I can't find the corpse at any altitude - not in the cave, not on the hill, not on a ledge in between.  One other player on Steam Forums reported this, but nobody there had an answer.

Any ideas?

Missing Corpse.png

Edited by TFA303
Corrected directions

I presume that this is the phantom backpack to which you refer?

2031728000_BIBridge.JPG.fe425585bdce5a08fb9dc76c5a634853.JPG

I have found this container on the bridge a few times.

On my maps from earlier runs there is not a backpack marked.

Incidentally, this map is from my Voyager run with an HRV start game which you suggested a few weeks back.  I am now at 271 days. 

• Upvote 1

This is likely similar to the corpse that would sometimes appear by The Tooth in Coastal Highway.
In that case, the body was offset from it's intended position and ended up under the terrain.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
We've seen prop carcasses and some fallen trees "sink" under the terrain, so I don't think it's a much of a stretch that there are some corpses out there that might have disappeared under the terrain as well.

On 11/24/2020 at 9:43 PM, TFA303 said:

One other player on Steam Forums reported this, but nobody there had an answer.

Also, I would recommend you opening a ticket on the Support Portal.  This way the Hinterland team to better track it down and fix whatever might need fixing.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1