Black screen Crashes

Forrest

I get this too on PS4 pro ( I have boost mode on) I think it’s not crashed but the view is black I think if I go back into menus r2 once or twice and then hold R1 as I exit menus it restarts the view again. Usually happens if I’m rushing an interaction with an object in first place. 

• Like 1

I am having the same issue on my PS4. Just started today. Screen goes black if I pick something up. Have to go to menu items and sometimes that fixes it. Or I have to click as if I'm going to quit but cancel and display comes back. Really frustrating.

• Like 1

Also having this exact issue on the PS4 Pro.  Interacting with items or even aiming a bow will sometimes trigger it!   Also getting attacked by a wolf will trigger it HARD.  Usually I can escape the black screen by switching to inventory and tabbing around a bit.  But if it gets triggered by a wolf attack, the only thing to fix it is a game quit and restart.  
it would be nice if Hinterland could fix this bug before their usual timeline of a year or three.  Seriously, this is the buggiest game I have ever played, and the developers absolutely refuse to fix giant huge crash issues that make the game almost unplayable for years!  If it wasn’t so fun I would have given up on it ages ago!  

Hello! 

Been playing LD since last week, just found the game and absolutely in love! That being said, the only issue I have had so far, and the reason I made this account on the forums, is this same BLACK SCREEN that occurs randomly on interactions with items and such upon returning to game. I have found if I spam the menu buttons back and forth it will go away in 2-5 tries, but yes, very unfortunate.

I believe it is something happening with the temp black background that comes up behind item info, but stays there upon returning to the game.

I am playing on a PS5. 

• Upvote 1

I get similar black screen after menus on PS4 pro, quite annoying and tonight I think it happened after being mauled by a wolf so I couldn’t see a death screen . 

Best thing I’ve found to avoid it in normal life is slowly back out of menus not go crashing back just after using something, also def seems to happen more in certain areas such as the rabbit ice pond just after the crash site. 

• 7 months later...

It's July 15th 2021 and this is still unresolved on PS4 Pro.  I was excited to play this game after I read about it and the character/philosophy behind the relatively new Hinterlands game studio.  This is a game breaker.  It should really be taken off of PSN.  It's obviously not even worth reporting this bug.  At least CD Projekt Red gave refunds for their failure to deliver a functional game.