The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.88 [69021]

Admin

TheLongDark_PS4Game_WN-6_EN.thumb.png.df5fd0b00f13dc58f372aa4f19d1b22e.png

We’ve released our v1.88 Hotfix for The Long Dark. If you encounter any issues while playing the game please visit our Support Portal

To stay up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).  

THE LONG DARK v1.88 (69021) CHANGELIST

GENERAL 

• Removed the ESCAPE THE DARKWALKER artwork from Main Menu.
  • Users are no longer able to load DW saves via the Challenge menu.
  • Fixed an issue that would allow players to enter an unplayable state, if they tried to re-enable the DW event by changing their local system time.
  • Like 2

Well, this potentially (?) might've fixed the load screen freeze/crashing, as for the first time in 3 days I've been able to get outside of the Quonset as well as back in and out. We'll see if it holds true later. However the issue of key bindings mysteriously resetting to defaults is still there. Anyway thanks for patches as always

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mistral said:

Well, this potentially (?) might've fixed the load screen freeze/crashing, as for the first time in 3 days I've been able to get outside of the Quonset as well as back in and out. We'll see if it holds true later. However the issue of key bindings mysteriously resetting to defaults is still there. Anyway thanks for patches as always

Should this mean, we can remove the start-up option "-force-glcore" under Steam settings?

1 hour ago, palbi said:

Should this mean, we can remove the start-up option "-force-glcore" under Steam settings?

I would think so.

I had 2 hours of very welcoming non-crashing yesterday. Now, there was a sudden resolution / texture change between one of the loading screens, which dropped my fps mid-game. This is something I have not seen since last winter when it was a recurring occurence for me, and I still don't understand it, but I take that anyday over freezing (no pun intended)

Edited by Mistral

8 hours ago, GroggyNoggin said:

My key bindings are resetting to default every time I play. Very strange. I noticed someone else mentioned this as well.

I have the same issue 🤔

And another one: I don't see the stats screen when I die in survival mode, just a black screen... But I can use ESC to exit to the main menu.

I have been having constant issues with the PS4 Pro going black screen when I pick up an item.  Sometimes I can get it back to normal by opening inventory and tabbing around, but other times I have to just quit the game and reload.  This is a serious bug!  And it’s new!  

On 11/24/2020 at 9:52 AM, Mistral said:

I would think so.

I had 2 hours of very welcoming non-crashing yesterday. Now, there was a sudden resolution / texture change between one of the loading screens, which dropped my fps mid-game. This is something I have not seen since last winter when it was a recurring occurence for me, and I still don't understand it, but I take that anyday over freezing (no pun intended)

I could now test the "without -force-glcore" setting, and the loading screens still keep freezing. Furthermore, I see a new problem (with -force-glcore of course) : if I want to pick up certain objects and hover the cursor over them, I can't, but towards the edge of the object I can. It's mainly with piles of objects, but I can't see any regularity.

689330566_kp.thumb.png.b4251f3529b5d4bb240ba8843b9a8415.png

228166876_kp.thumb.png.8b8ef930b468c2d81686583b208b6937.png

20841610_kp.thumb.png.1fd58e3a72253b4438ed331819044f11.png

1229169421_kp.thumb.png.91cab6d44bbb20b3127f7294a424e451.png

899995985_kp.thumb.png.d63473dca5d440f125628129ab9f53ff.png

Edited by palbi

• Admin locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic