Are the wolves tougher in episode three?

Adamo

On the contrary, I really like the Timber Wolves.
I think they added a great new element of danger to the game, but it's not insurmountable.  Once the player learns how to deal with (or in the case of Survival Mode we can also simply evade/avoid) them, they're not so bad.  :)

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

21 hours ago, Adamo said:

I hope so . I’m currently panicking and swirling around unloading the revolver at them. I need to find a more efficient way. 

I have not played Ep 3 yet, as I prefer Survival Mode, but for Timberwolves, I believe the best strat is to break their morale. Marine flares will work for a bit, lighting a fire is another. It will st least bide some time. Also since Timberwolves hunt in packs, they will try and circle you. Having something solid at your back is one less thing to worry about.  When the wolf is aggro'd it will charge you, stay calm and aim for the head. The rest of the pack will  eventually get the hint. 

Also panicking and swirling while unloading the revolver is wasteful. Game or real life you don't panic in front of a wild animal, it makes them anxious.  If you stay calm, create distance with a flare or fire, and have something solid at your back, the wolves can be taken care of, whether they are in a pack or not. Or avoid them and don't carry raw meat, guts or hides to keep your scent low. Crouching works in some cases.