Bleak Inlet 50 day Voyageur Stay

Ahatch

So I finished a personal challenge on Voyageur to stay on Hushed River Valley 50 days from the start and now I'm doing the same with Bleak Inlet. So far I'm about 6 days in but I've pretty much looted the whole map and no gun. Luckily I had a few blue marine flares so I was able to get into the cannery and found a couple fishing tackles. So the hope is I can live on fish and bunnies to make the 50 day run. Unable to find any sort of hunting weapon so it will be pretty tough. 

No access to a work bench and I didn't find tool box so fishing tackles I have are going to have to do. But ya I'm 20 plus days in already I scrounged all the dead deer and rocked down some bunnies by the cabin. Have caught a lot of fish :) That bear keeps me on high alert though as I have no answer for him. Just run back to the cabin when I see him heading my way. 

6 hours ago, Ahatch said:

That bear keeps me on high alert though as I have no answer for him. Just run back to the cabin when I see him heading my way. 

One night, when I came out of that fishing hut, it was completely black outside.  I could not see the slightest glimmer of light or anything.  The bear was waiting outside.  I could not see him, I only had his roaring at me.  This is the only time I have had something like this happen.

• Upvote 1

I'm at 30 days now on my self challenge . I decided to go for and try to get back into the cannery yard so I had a blue flare ready and I snuck up to the gate. But I was unable to light it fast enough and one of the resident timberwolves jumped me so I took some damage but managed to strike him with my hatchet and escape into the nearby trailer. So I treated my wounds and had a couple hours of sleep. When I got up and went outside the remaining wolves wanted nothing to do with me. I was able to do a second much less rushing looting of the cannery area. Again though I only found one set of long johns, a couple more blue flares and both tool boxes. I escaped with a few cans of sardines. But much to my dismay there were no gun or pistol to be found. So I'm back fishing by the cabin and dodging Mr Bear. I am up to level 3 fishing and eating very well. I decided to gather up all the cans I had and take them over to the lighthouse to boil up a decent amount of water. I'm getting lots of northern lights shows which is discouraging as I don't have the code to the workshop. Would like Hinterland a way one can sneak in to the cannery once you made it in once like a rope climb. 

TLDBI2.png

TLDBI3.png

TLDBI4.png

Surprising easy actually to complete this challenge as I managed to live off fish. I would rotate from going on firewood gathering outings to fishing. Bear never attacked me in the hut would walk by grunting so I lucked out there. Going to take this survivor into Forlorn Muskeg and craft some arrowheads and then to Mystery Lake then to the Ravine and I will come back here (if I survive) and go out in a blaze of glory :) 

BI50D.png