Episode 3 plane cockpit

Blabla

Hello,

let me start with saying that i really enjoy The Long Dark and can't wait for episode 4 and 5 of story mode to release.

I was playing thrugh the story mode in episode 3 and tried to enter the cockpit of the crashed plane. It looks like you can go there, and in the attached screenshot you can even see loot lying on the ground there. But i couldn't enter because of a invisible wall it seems. Itried every possible way of moving, even dropped my gear to try if its was a weight issue, but no...

And at this point i have to wonder:

Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

If there's an invisible wall, why is there loot behind it? Thats just frustrating and breaks immersion for me.

In my oppinion those invisible walls should be replaced by a closed door, or debris or something.

Thanks for reading.

screen_bc529c2d-f4d7-41ad-b8ef-96fd7c4567e8_hi.thumb.png.cd90dbed9a633b11bb9264e055a7c354.pngscreen_1ce10f26-df30-4051-9084-edeb0480e570.thumb.png.0c16bada6261ab7288477e23ae33013b.png

• Upvote 1

Yes, you can get in there. Walk along the angled piece of floor on the right.

I hope the latest update didn't introduce a bug there. But you should definitely be able to get in. I think there's also a door in there on the other end.

All the bulkhead compartments are searchable too. 

Edited by Sherri

yeah, that happened to me too.  fairly frustrating too since I couldn't reach the loot to boot!
also since we're unable to step into the "alcove" it's not possible to check what was on the other side.
At least in the sandbox it's been my experience that there may sometimes be a skill book and/or a stim booster  as well.

oh well, there was at least plenty of loot either way...

@Sherri and yeah, tried doing that shimmy along the angled piece of floor, didn't work

Edited by piddy3825
spelling

@Sherri That was exactly what i tried and, as you can see in the second picture, im in front of the doorway but can't go thrugh it to reach the first aid kit and energy bar.

Yeah, its not as much about the loot as it is about immersion... i don't like being stopped by invisible walls in an otherwise so brilliantly immersive game.

• 2 weeks later...