voip multiplayer :D

kopo79

we know that pure multiplayer or co-op is not gonna be thing in long dark cos of game systems,like sleeping,time skip etc...
but what if we just connect two players voips in game when specifig things have been filled?

like,  you have to find radio transmitter..(usually broken so need fixing)
need to be in specifig place with it to transmit your voip.
need aurora to work.
timewindow for conversation would be like 1 to 10 minutes.

its like,two people in different countries connect in silent apocalypse,just to exhance few words and then aurora stops and...
"call disconnected"

(yeah,i know that this is maybe impossible to make but would be fun)

Edited by kopo79
  • Upvote 4
  • Like 1

yes....like multiplayer but for just  max 10 minutes with voip
moment to talk with someone at the time of aurora.
maybe something wonderfull people would be to get connect to each other until..
*Line disconnected*

Edited by kopo79

21 hours ago, k0s0ff said:

I think this is a very strange idea.  I don't know what to talk about with a stranger for 10 minutes. In addition, if this person is in a different language.

I think that this is the interesting part :) 

Finding ways to communicate etc

Edited by oplli
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 4:52 AM, k0s0ff said:

I think this is a very strange idea.  I don't know what to talk about with a stranger for 10 minutes. In addition, if this person is in a different language.

*Hello,can anybody hear me?...anyone?...just woke up in middle of the night and just trying this radio...maybe its not working...hello?anyone?
its so sad to be alone in here,trapped with wolfs and....*CRACKLING SOUND*...

Hello!,i can hear you!..who is there?...im lisa and trapped also with the wolfs in this cabin...Whats your name?

*OH..Hello lisa...amazing,someone is alive other than rabbits...my name is...*CRACKLING SOUND*....

disconnected...

Edited by kopo79
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, kopo79 said:

*Hello,can anybody hear me?...anyone?...just woke up in middle of the night and just trying this radio...maybe its not working...hello?anyone?

Lol. You sit there mending your ragged clothes after a fight with a bear. you're wasting the last seconds of your flashlight. And from radio - "Прием. Прием. Меня кто-то слышит? У меня кончились антибиотики. Я отравился испорченным мясом. Мне осталось жить пару часов. Прием. Прием." 🤣

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2021 at 3:35 AM, Old Hermit said:

"...I'm living on the gas station workshop for a week."

"Wtf i am at the same place right now"

despite that kind of possibility, i love the idea 😃

yeah...that can happen...but maybe this would be only for "roleplayers"...
"Wtf i am living also that kind of place but really hate the smell of the oil here"

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

this idea just pops back to my mind after seeing some long dark related pics in facebook.
maybe this idea would be in long dark 2 or even brought to long dark 1 with new game mode.
but it would be needed to cut the whole great bear island to half...another player lives in other side of the map and another to opposite half if wanted to prevent
"I live also in that cabin like you do"...

Maybe the option to leave a message as well?

“Hello, if anyone is out there I have been camping out at…and I found out something that may help the next survivor…”, or “I’ve just reached 500 days alone here, and I don’t know if anyone will get this, but I just need to share part of my story…” Would be neat to build up a library of messages similar to the notes and buffer memories.