What is your...

hozz1235

I'd second that notion!

I've always figured that there is a vast complex of tunnels and corridors linking the various regions together and if only those metal gates weren't in the way.  Maybe parts that are blocked could be "re-opened" by having to move some materials around?  maybe even a few lifts that would require you carry around a couple or three of those fuses like in Episode 3,  to get them operational just long enough to transition into the next regions underground network.

• Like 1

Snow... snow all around the world, expand on that. Instead of it just being, you know, standard ground serving as mere background, there should be different layers of snow affecting the player and world: somewhere thinner, somewhere deeper, having an effect on your movement and fatigue, like in real life. In actual Canadia and other northern regions, you really wouldn't be able to perform like a marathon runner in deep woods in the snow, not unless there's very little to it, or it's sufficiently frozen so that you can walk on top of it, which is rare. No, in reality you would be crawling in most places. Perhaps not in places like Pleasant Valley where it's windy and open, or near the ocean like Desolation, but I'm thinking of deep valleys like HRV or woods of TWM etc.

In addition to movement and fatigue, thick snow cover could also be used in hiding items and blocking areas.  Perhaps even blocking entering some cabins, unless you dig em clear.

To help out the player in deep snow, items such as snowshoes and skiing equipment could be introduced.

Now, I think most maps should continue with the current light snow (except maybe blizzards could mildly affect them over time?) because that is the game we know and love, but couple of the harder regions could have deeper snow gameplay?

Additionally, there should be an option to just eat it from the ground without boiling or getting sick. Just make it that you lose 25% of your temperature per every half a liter of snow you eat, to counter balance it out with boiling water. And when boiling water, give out the warming up bonus as with teas and coffee.

Edited by Mistral

Guest Kane Parry

@Mistral

I really love that idea of some areas having deep snow what will slow you down make your heartbeat fast as you are struggling through deep snow as a wolf chases after you and finding out all hope is lost as the cabin you was running too is blocked off with snow 

sounds like a really awesome idea!

23 minutes ago, Kane Parry said:

@Mistral

I really love that idea of some areas having deep snow what will slow you down make your heartbeat fast as you are struggling through deep snow as a wolf chases after you and finding out all hope is lost as the cabin you was running too is blocked off with snow 

sounds like a really awesome idea!

;)

Having some complexity to the nutrition system would be fun. I'm happy with how it currently is, with just calories, but requiring diversity in those calories would add some difficulty.

If you've ever played Green Hell, that's the kind of thing I'm thinking about. So you can't survive by eating red meat day in and day out. You need carbs, protein and fats. So I guess they'd need to add more edible harvestables.

Again, I'm really happy with TLD as it is, but the nutrition system in Green Hell is brutal in the most fun way.