Preferred 'Car Sweep' Method?

hozz1235

I start on the driver's side - open the hood (if possible) to check for battery, front door - sweep the dashboard, floor and glove box (Canadians love their driving gloves! :)), back door - sweep the floor and seat, trunk.

Still don't bother with the visors.

Edited by hozz1235

Guest Kane Parry

i check the boot first than i go in the frount seats check glovebox,visors and floor than the back seats and floor and than pop the bonnet check for battery and either leave the bonnet open and if it cant i put a searched marker on it 

4 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

No hood for the battery?

Never actually made it to bleak inlet or the ammo bench. I took a long break, and when I started back I’ve just been playing with wherever it spawns me. I’m trying to get there now, maybe I’ll be more battery conscious after that...

My order and what I do changes. If my character is getting cold and I need a hat or gloves I will usually only look in the back seat through the window, and check the glovebox and front area. In either order. I will usually just go with the close part first. If I have a hat and gloves I will skip cars when cold.

If I am warm I will check the trunk sometimes if I feel like it but not always. There is almost never anything in there. I also check the front+back

I have checked for batteries a couple times just to see but what they're like but I've never done anything with them.

On 11/15/2020 at 4:05 PM, hozz1235 said:

I start on the driver's side - open the hood (if possible) to check for battery, front door - sweep the dashboard, floor and glove box (Canadians love their driving gloves! :)), back door - sweep the floor and seat, trunk.

Still don't bother with the visors.

Wait...I can check the visors?? I had no idea. Of course I just learned after about 10 hours of playing that I can recheck empty cabinets, etc and use it as storage.

On 11/19/2020 at 6:46 PM, TiffTastic said:

Never actually made it to bleak inlet or the ammo bench. I took a long break, and when I started back I’ve just been playing with wherever it spawns me. I’m trying to get there now, maybe I’ll be more battery conscious after that...

It really only becomes relevant if you run out of ammo.

• 5 weeks later...

Trunk first, then glance in backseat, then check under the hood for battery, then hop in front and check what’s there, break down the battery in front seat.  
I do it in this order because prying open the trunk takes time so I want to do it first before some new predator lurches into range while my back is turned.  
Then, the battery weighs a ton so I don’t want to move much before getting in the car.  Leaving the front seat for last leaves me a short step from the hood and a click of the handle before I can settle down to search the glovebox and the floor boards for phat lewt.  

• Upvote 1

Drivers door, visors, floorboard, backseat, trunk, hood.  I've been gone for a bit myself, like two years? So I'm not used to getting the batteries out, but i will follow Bean's method to break down the battery in the front seat.

I'm not sure that i've ever gotten anything from the visors, but i try to check everything that can be checked. It's like that one time i don't check there will be something there.

Depends entirely on what end and side I'm on when I get to the car... nearest door first or the trunk first if I'm approaching the car from the back.  I usually never bother with the visors anymore and will only check the hood for the battery if I'm either in Bleak Inlet or I have a hacksaw and I'm heading to Bleak Inlet.  I recently tried removing the batteries and setting them on the car as a marker, but couldn't get a green placement anywhere on the car, so I assume Hinterland has changed that "feature."  If I have spray paint, I might spray the "searched" symbol - usually for a grouping (like on the bridge in Mountain Town zone).  If I have an excess of tinder plugs, I've been known to throw down one on esch end of that bridge (or similar prominent location) as the same sort of marker as the paint.

Trunk first, grab the battery if one exists. Close the trunk, paint an X on the hood. Enter the driver's side door, harvest lead if I have a battery. Check the front of the car and glove compartment. Sometimes click the radio just for kicks.  Exit the passenger side, enter rear and check for stuff on the back seat, exit the opposite side.  Pop the trunk, move on.

Still flip the visors down and mark the veh with paint to show searched.  Only real habit is to check the back first as, when exiting from the back seat, I am aimed right at the front doors and cuts down on time I can get bumped by wolves.

• Upvote 1