Longest Survival

Guest Kane Parry

Hi. I don't play often or much. My longest is 257 days. I always have something to do. I still haven't visited the cannery. and the valley of the silent river. After I finally settled on the base, I trained on rabbits with a bow and arrow. Then I hunted deer for a long time. Then when I ran out of ammo I made a dash for the whaling station. And after that, I can't sit still, I want to wander around and look for something. My base is on a Mysterious lake.

In fact, I've always stuck to the no - risk tactic. But for some reason, I constantly had such ridiculous things happen to me., that I sometimes stopped for a long time to catch my breath. So I would say that my style of play is a mixed style. I can stay at the base on duty, and go on long hikes in search of adventure.

Currently on Day 1015.

Difficulty is a custom setting; harder than Stalker, but easier than Interloper. I call it Stalker++

The routine now is pretty simple: Sleep, eat, drink, hunt when necessary, cook/boil water when the sun is out, gather sticks otherwise. Have a campfire every night the sun will let me. Currently living in Pleasant Valley in the farmhouse. Occasionally I go hunting wolves and deer for meat, until the Big Bear crosses onto the property, then I take him out and don't have to worry about food for a week and a half. If I run out of lamp fuel, I take a trip up to signal hill and make that my temporary base, then venture out to pensive pond and catch fish, cooking them to refuel my supply.

Eventually my knives (was 3, now 2) and hatchets (2) will get down to low condition, at which point I gather them all up and take them to Bleak Inlet for repairs.

image.thumb.png.7b6f91573b71d6f459cd3055a9637eb9.png

Edited by GothSkunk
  • Upvote 3

If anyone knows Osman - I'd love to hear about their adventure :)
(Posted almost two years ago) This person managed to survive at least 10 in-game years on an Interloper run... (could be still going for all we know)

https://steamcommunity.com/app/305620/discussions/0/1795152172938512542/

This is the longest run I've seen.
:coffee::fire::coffee:

Screen shot from player's post:
305620_screenshots_20190226011326_1.thumb.jpg.e0e2d49a0f4620b9df6d5089c9f7b581.jpg

Edited by ManicManiac

My longest is around 1800 days (been a while since I've played that save).  It's one of the first saves I played on TLD and I've been playing on and off since the beginning.  I used that save to get the Cartographer ach, max all skills, find all cairns, notes, etc.  It's such a long game, I get a real kick if I find anything I may have missed - a un-broken crate, a reishi mushroom, etc.  Oh, I've also broken down every item in the game (to my knowledge).

• Upvote 1

My longest was 234 on Stalker. I'd like to think she'd still be surviving if I hadn't gotten boxed in by a bear and ran out of bandages. I survived 3 maulings trying to get out of the canyon I was cornered in, but died on my failed 4th attempt. I was much younger and dumber then. I should have just hid on a ledge and waited the brute out.

My current stalker is at 157 days and she's fiddling about TWM to finally get that map under my belt. I've always avoided it, but I need to learn the summit for my interloper run (I've been told it's essential to long term survival on interloper) My Interloper best is only 48 

I had like a 600 day or so run in voyageur, to get the achievement/feat. It got quite monotonous around day 300 or so. I finished in broken railroad, eventually I got bored, climbed down into that ravine, and started a bunch of fires, shot off all my flares, then took off all my clothes and jumped in the fire lol. Cause it was really boring.

Never said I was normal😁

Edited by TiffTastic

A little over 1000 days on custom stalker. I sometimes want to write up how i got there. All my previous runs got boring at about 200 days so i would start another run with different settings. I tried something different on the 1000 day run that made it very engaging. I could have kept going but.... well, the red boxes came in an update.

I have had a few runs over 1,000, but I don't think any have exceeded 1,500 days.  These are runs at plain Stalker or Voyager, I have to admit to backing up my save files so that if a bear eats me I can go back to that backup, play that part again and continue.  I do not use that mod to edit my save files to give me any resources and improve the condition of any of my resources.

I suspect that quite  few people edit their save files to make their games easy.

A while back a guy was claiming over 50 interloper runs of over 3,000 days.  When I enquired about these runs he threatened me in a private message.  

Edited by peteloud

Just now, Kane Parry said:

@peteloud

thats super awesome dude longest i have got on stalker is 25 days so much better than me 

No, it's not so awesome when you bear in mind that I backup my saves and when I get killed I can go back to the save before dying and replay it.  I can't remember how I found the start to my longest Stalker game or where I started, but recently I started a Voyager game in Hushed River Valley and was killed a couple of times in the early days.

Faithful Cartographer achievement is a good challenge.  I got it ages ago.  It makes you cover every bit of ground.  I try and do that in all of the games I play.  That is one of the reasons long games are not boring.  I usually race around at first mapping only key places when I am not under pressure, and remember.  Then when I have warm clothes, good weapons and skills I fill in the gaps.

I did a faithful cartographer run, and I’m at like 350+ days with it and going for 500. The last ~150 days will be so tedious. I wish the achievement was 365 days instead. 

Guest Kane Parry
2 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Get the list of locations you need to visit, print it off and tick off each one as you discover it.

Thanks ^_^

I'm at 500 days now, normal Stalker. Main base is the Quonset Garage. I do the usual routine of saving calories by eating before sleep. The last 50 days or so I started saving on water as well. I basically skip the days in the car, behind the garage for anti cabin fever.

As you can tell, I didn't even explore the world that much. Never stepped a foot in BI, TWM or HRV. Probably about 350-400 days were me skipping the days that car. Rest is killing the deer that respawns up the hill or the bear that roams around once a few days once I'm low on food. Not the best main base, but it's roomy inside to lay down the bounties. Still have hundreds of matches and 170 bullets. Haven't used the magnyfing glass or the bow.

Got bored and stopped playing.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Longest game so far is a stalker at 297 days.  Honestly I’m bored with it.  Did every zone and got all loot, and that’s not a backed up save it’s fluid, could lose it anytime I play.  I don’t know how you’d back up a save on the PS4 anyway.  
Longest Interloper is 234 days.  Also gets boring.  

nothing excites me like starting a new game!