Small change to make ammunition crafting more immersive

Mroz4k

Community feedback poll: (voting public)  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a small cosmetical change, that will nonetheless make ammunition crafting much more immersive. It simply changes the looks of Ammunition bench.

First of all - I was never a big fan of ammo crafting, but I have to admit, I was wrong. Its pretty well done and actually makes a game better in my opinion!

Now, to make it better.

Right now, the biggest immersion breaker with ammo crafting is that it requires no primers. This can very easily be fixed by updating the ammunition bench with some boxes that will have a name of a primer-making company. I am all for a "Bullseye" primers box logo, and put 2-3 big boxes of it on the empty shelves of the Ammunition bench, or maybe two small boxes on the table and one big below the table.

If the ammunition bench has overwhelming surplus of primers, there really is no need for it to be included in the crafting recipe.

Any comments and support for this idea would be greatly appreciated.

I would not really object to introduction of primers - they will likely be generic like cast bullets, one size fits all - though I don't object to their absence. 

The problems for devs when considering primers would be 1) how small they are, 2) how many would realistically be in a box (it seems to come in trays of 100), and 3) people don't just keep primers for the sake of primers and their existence might put more pressure on making ammo reloading something that can be done elsewhere, and 4) how to add such to the loot tables. 

I would guess that the devs decided if a character has the lead plates, the stump remover, the dusting sulfur and charcoal, to make the bullets and gunpowder, the empty cartridge cases, and is at the sole ammunition workbench on Great Bear Island as well as have the materials to survive while doing so, then primers would be a superfluous additional requirement.  But it might have been a nice touch.  

Edited by UTC-10
edit

4 hours ago, UTC-10 said:

I would not really object to introduction of primers - they will likely be generic like cast bullets, one size fits all - though I don't object to their absence. 

The problems for devs when considering primers would be 1) how small they are, 2) how many would realistically be in a box (it seems to come in trays of 100), and 3) people don't just keep primers for the sake of primers and their existence might put more pressure on making ammo reloading something that can be done elsewhere, and 4) how to add such to the loot tables. 

I would guess that the devs decided if a character has the lead plates, the stump remover, the dusting sulfur and charcoal, to make the bullets and gunpowder, the empty cartridge cases, and is at the sole ammunition workbench on Great Bear Island as well as have the materials to survive while doing so, then primers would be a superfluous additional requirement.  But it might have been a nice touch.  

That is why, in my opinion, this suggestion solves it all. It does make "primers" a thing, but since you dont actually need to "gather" them, because there is just such a huge surplus of them at the only ammunition table in the whole game, including them in the actual crafting would just make it unnecesarily difficult, and subjective to RNG, as you could theoretically get so much gunpowder and lead plates, but then be screwed on the amount of primers due to RNG. This solves all these problems and neatly ties it into something that would  be quite immersive to a perceptive player, who realizes what the boxes actually are.

It does make sense that, if the Cannery has issues with wolves (and they would, we are talking about a factory which processes smelly sardines) - they should have an amptle supply of ammunition, and ammunition crafting materials. That includes primers. 

There could also easily be a note, that explains that their shipment of surplus primers came. And that they are still waiting for the rest of the mats.