Illegible note is not in the lookout

Jens

I just continued playing an old save from wintermute episode two, and since I left it almost finished, I was doing the side missions. I just completed the forest talkers, but when doing the mistery lake supply cache side quest, everything was going fine until I tried looking for the illegible note that is supposed to be on the lookout (Mistery Lake, right?) There is simply nothing there. I checked my inventory notes to see if I might have picked it up in a previous visit but is not there either, and I haven't read it since it's not showing on my sidequest journal along with other caches. I gues this is a bug? Any way out? I already have Alan's, clearcut's, forlong muskegs...

Edited by Jens
misspelled

Yeah it's supposed to appear on the table next to the bed. If it's not there, check to see if the cache spawned in.  The cache it points to is at the southern end of Mystery Lake, to the right of the Rail Tunnel if you're facing it.  There's some boulders off to the right, slightly north of the Rail Tunnel, and the cache spawns in there.  If neither the cache nor the note exist, it's possible your save was so old that it is no longer 100% compatible.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ajb1978 said:

Yeah it's supposed to appear on the table next to the bed. If it's not there, check to see if the cache spawned in.  The cache it points to is at the southern end of Mystery Lake, to the right of the Rail Tunnel if you're facing it.  There's some boulders off to the right, slightly north of the Rail Tunnel, and the cache spawns in there.  If neither the cache nor the note exist, it's possible your save was so old that it is no longer 100% compatible.

Thanks a lot, I will do that. My bad, I just checked again and I did have the note in my inventory. The strange thing is, if I examine it, nothing happens, unlike with others that  I get a notification and marker on map. Also, when checking that sidequest, it doesn't show, neither as complete or incomplete. I will do what you suggest, and try and see if the cache spawned anyway. From what I read in the forums, back when they launched episode two (this save might be that old)  many people had the issue of this entire sidequest not showing on journal, but being completed and awarding the achievement anyway. I hope that is the case :)