The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.87 [68069/68142]

Admin

1255245271_Darkwalker-BlogFeaturedImg.thumb.png.0fe966cfc884da312a36aa40c07139ac.png

We’ve released our v1.87 Hotfix for the ESCAPE THE DARKWALKER event. If you encounter any issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal

A big part of any of these events is player participation and we would love to hear about your experience playing ESCAPE THE DARKWALKER in our event subforum

To stay up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).  

THE LONG DARK v1.87 (68069/68142 ) CHANGELIST

GENERAL 

• Fixed an issue where text overlapped in some languages.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Player to remain crouched when attacked by the Entity, while crouched. 
  • Added map icons for Bleak Inlet to Ravine transitions.
  • Add subtitles for when the Player’s character is coughing from toxic smoke
  • Updated localization.
  • Map now centers on the Player’s position when entering the screen, during an Escape the Darkwalker game. 
  • Dying from the Entity when in a menu, now breaks you out of menus correctly.
  • The "Darkwalker Devoured You" screen now only plays if the Player was killed by the Entity.
  • Fixed an issue that caused “Toxic Fog” to appear when exiting a menu, during the Escape the Darkwalker event.
  • Fixed an issue where the player could become stuck in the Safe Cracking ui, if attacked by the Entity while in the UI. 
  • Removed the ability to Spray Paint on items that can be broken down.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the male voice to sometimes play instead of the female voice, when dying.
  • Fixed the volume for the Glyph breaking down sound effect.
  • Fixed an issue that caused stomping sound effects to loop after placing a ward indoors.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Toxic Fog indicator to flash on screen when exiting interiors.
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 4

During my first EtDW game, my position (the arrow) would not show on the map. I completed the event without it, but I'm mentioning it because it was not on the list of fixes. For me, the fog counter showed 0 minutes briefly entering interiors. Also, when a Lure was about to expire and you went indoors, upon exiting it would be reset to 100% if the monster didn't reach it in time.

1 hour ago, Torqen said:

Noticed that my character kept repeating the same monologue  everytime the Darkwalker was in the vicinity. Is this something that has been or will be addressed? 

@Torqen there should be multiple different lines. Are you literally only getting one piece of dialogue when the Darkwalker is near?

6 hours ago, Karl Grylls said:

el error con la cámara temblando al apuntar con armas sigue ahí. No aparece siempre, pero a menudo

It is not a mistake, it is something that was added to the game when your character is at risk of hypothermia by pointing a gun and shivering from the cold.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 8:59 AM, U47 said:

No fix for those using the alternate launch options "-force-glcore"??

Fix the bugs introduced into the game by this event please. Random crashes is not a pleasant thing.

Yes... and it's getting worse. As of today I've been unable to play the game at all with constant crashing either in the Disclaimer or in-game loading screens. In the last couple of days there were some intermittent crashes, but for the most part it was still playable, I think I did like 6 hours yesterday with "only" 2 or 3 crashes. Not like today with absolutely total no-go no matter what I do. And interestingly, my key bindings are now also resetting to defaults aftee those crashes, which it did not do before. It's almost as if there's been a 1.87b patch that broke it even further lol

(And for me, doing force-glcore crashes the game even before launch so that too is a no-go)

Edited by Mistral

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic