My short wishlist for me to replay - Indoor firepits/sleep on floors

sabershadowkat

-Firepits indoors

-Sleeping on floors indoors, including caves

Both these things are logical abilities yet prevented in game.   You can get around the second one if you tweak the settings and give yourself a sleeping bag at the start, but the sleeping bag has a heat mechanic and it also makes it so you're not really playing the harder modes of survival.  

4 hours ago, sabershadowkat said:

Both these things are logical abilities yet prevented in game.   You can get around the second one if you tweak the settings and give yourself a sleeping bag at the start, but the sleeping bag has a heat mechanic and it also makes it so you're not really playing the harder modes of survival.  

Firepits indors: already exists. If you mean campfire indors than No. there are plenty of places where we can make fire inside.

Sleeping indors No again. it would make the game easy again. Do you know you can sleep in cars and sometimes in caves there are beds?

I assume this has already been raised in the discussion. And my thoughts are probably not new either. I saw this in this war of mine and the consequences were always sad. I mean, if this is part of the game, then there should be hard debuffs on the character.

Increasing the places to sleep has crossed my mind as well, but I'm also conscious of keeping the game balanced; as some of the previous replies to this post have alluded to.

My suggestion is this: add a 'sleep by fire' option when interacting with the fire. This option would allow the player to sleep more places if they don't have a bed roll - as long as they have a solid fire. 

The 'sleep by fire' option would only appear if two pre-requisites are met:

1) the player is fully exhausted (or at least in the red) 

2) The fire has over 2 hours left to burn and is raising the ambient temperature of  the surrounding air above freezing (above 0 C).

To balance this: there should be some automatic restrictions like not being able to sleep by a fire on ice etc...

I think the option is plausible and fits into a game quite well as you can imagine an exhausted survivor - with no bedroll- falling asleep by a comforting fire in a cave or dilapidated  barn after a hard day of trudging through the snow.

• Upvote 1