Nomad Challenge takes 6 days..

ShinyKonfusion

Hello, trying my first challenge, Nomad, where you have to stay for 3 days in 15 given locations.

Except for some reason the registered time is only half of the in-game time. It takes me 6 days (inside) to give me the first location. 
Tried restarting the game and challenge, (another six days gone). And 6 days is a lot to stay inside:)

Anyone have had problems with this?  My first location is Radio Control Hut, on my way to second now..

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! 

I'm also having the same issue with this challenge. I didn't even finish my first location, but I think it would also take me 6 days.

I spawned in Pleasant Valley and I chose the barn as my first location. At first I spent time in there in smaller rounds, for example 8h of sleep, exploring outside, 3h of crafting/repairing clothes, exploring outside, 4h of passing time and so on. After a day or so I noticed that the counter was only around 0.5. After that I didn't leave the barn at all by only sleeping and passing time in 8h rounds. (8h passing time, 8h of sleep, 8h of passing time, 8h of sleep...). PS - I know I slept 8h, because the energy bar wasn't full after waking up. I did 9 rounds (9x8=72h) - and the counter was still at 2.5! At this point I was just testing out the counter, passing time 1h at a time, to see a change in the counter (it didn't change).

I quit this challenge at 2.5/3 in the first location, it was just becoming a frustrating test of the (faulty?) game mechanics.

Help, anyone? Am I doing something wrong?

I hope folks take into account that the 3 days is only counted based on "inside" dwell time.
The quickest way to tick off each location is to just spend 3 consecutive days inside of them.  I mean sure, if folks are only sleeping there... then naturally it will take several days rather than just 3.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
If staying inside for 3 game-days is really not registering properly, I'd recommend submitting a ticket on the Support Portal.
If it is bugged out, then the support team ought to be made aware of it.

Edited by ManicManiac

On 11/26/2020 at 2:32 PM, ManicManiac said:

I hope folks take into account that the 3 days is only counted based on "inside" dwell time.
The quickest way to tick off each location is to just spend 3 consecutive days inside of them.  I mean sure, if folks are only sleeping there... then naturally it will take several days rather than just 3.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
If staying inside for 3 game-days is really not registering properly, I'd recommend submitting a ticket on the Support Portal.
If it is bugged out, then the support team ought to be made aware of it.

I've verified that it is indeed taking double the time with that taken into consideration. I submitted a ticket last week but haven't heard back yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Nomad is my first challenge after having gone through Wintermute - I'm about halfway through having done all the Pleasant Valley and Mystery Lake spots, but rather than having to spend too long in locations for the "Location Complete" notification pop, I'm sometimes spending one night in, say Quonset Gas Station for example and the game will tell me I've been there for 23 days, give me the checkmark and I'm free to move on.
Look I'm not complaining - my approach to this challenge has been rather than to just plop myself down in the location and Pass Time/Sleep to get the check mark & dash to the next spot, I'll spend a while in the vicinity exploring and looting the surrounding area and repairing and trying new recipes and just generally hanging out. Having only done Wintermute previously, I'm finding the transition areas fun and I must say Coastal Highway at dawn is just stunning (see pic).
It's more like a self-guided tour at this stage.
I can't remember what difficulty I did Wintermute on - mostly like Capable Survivor - but I am finding Nomad seems to have very few wolves in spots I'd come to expect packs previously. Again my guess is that this is because the challenge is about extended exploration more than dealing with wildlife.

IMG_5418.JPG