Theories and Lore about the DarkWalker

DarKube

13 minutes ago, Grignard_TN said:

Maybe that is just what the herders say to get people to drink deer piss. Hey, drink this, I promise you'll get REALLY high. 

Apparently the practice was fairly thoroughly documented by cultural anthropologists who studied reindeer herding tribes in Europe and Siberia.  Supposedly the practice began centuries ago when the the Tribal Shamans began using it for religious practices when the hallucinatory effects were discovered.  

Some scientists, think these mushrooms were the inspiration for Santa Claus and other Christmas traditions, because Siberian shamans would give out bags of toadstools as presents in late December. Typically found growing under an evergreen tree, the red-and-white fungi were given as presents and many folklorists claim that the origins of our Christmas story about a man and his flying reindeer may have been due to the hallucinations the users experienced, however not all experts agree with the Santa-shamanism theory.  

At any rate, I think I'll pass on drinking toadstool laced deer piss as I prefer Tequila if I'm gonna get toasted!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

Apparently the practice was fairly thoroughly documented by cultural anthropologists who studied reindeer herding tribes in Europe and Siberia.  Supposedly the practice began centuries ago when the the Tribal Shamans began using it for religious practices when the hallucinatory effects were discovered.  

Some scientists, think these mushrooms were the inspiration for Santa Claus and other Christmas traditions, because Siberian shamans would give out bags of toadstools as presents in late December. Typically found growing under an evergreen tree, the red-and-white fungi were given as presents and many folklorists claim that the origins of our Christmas story about a man and his flying reindeer may have been due to the hallucinations the users experienced, however not all experts agree with the Santa-shamanism theory.  

At any rate, I think I'll pass on drinking toadstool laced deer piss as I prefer Tequila if I'm gonna get toasted!

I was just being funny, I believe it. I can't promise I wouldn't try it under appropriate supervision. At the end of the day its just pee, which itself is not usually harmful. I'd definitely consult someone experienced in it first....I would not want to meet the darkwalker in RL

2 hours ago, Grignard_TN said:

I was just being funny, I believe it. I can't promise I wouldn't try it under appropriate supervision. At the end of the day its just pee, which itself is not usually harmful. I'd definitely consult someone experienced in it first....I would not want to meet the darkwalker in RL

it's all good...  it's about the only thing that I remember being taught in college...  Dr. Taylor, probably one of the best orators I've ever had the privilege to hear lecture, loved that anthropology class!

An Inuit angakkuq (spirit healer) by the name of Aua who was acting as a trail guide, was asked about his people's spiritual beliefs.  He responded "We do not believe, we fear."  Fear was a big part of their lives, call it myth, legend, religious belief, life in harsh climates plays with a person's mind.

Amaguq/Amarok was believed to be a wolf god who hunted people who hunted alone at night.  Anguta was their version of Greek belief of Charon or the modern Grim Reaper, the gatherer of the dead.

Edited by Willbonney
  • Upvote 1

I elaborated a lot on some mythology in my event fiction in the other forum, but something akin to the wendigo was my take, with some flavor of lovecraftian doom added. It seems there is no possible survival, and the eternal night speaks to the event located in a different reality.