ESCAPE THE DARKWALKER Feedback and Discussion


Admin
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm also interested in the switch update; Ive been waiting on an update to the switch version for a while since I can't keep going in story mode until the next update.  Switch is definitely the most convenient console for me to play on, so I'd like it if the update were on everything

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The game mode doesn't launch on PC. It lets you boot into the game, but the second you navigate through to the Escape the Darkwalker mode, then pick your region, gender and save name the game freezes when loading and doesn't let you proceed. I've sent a ticket to hinterland support and checked the discussions - people are having this issue alongside me.

If I can help in any way, please ask.

Edited by DucksLinger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DucksLinger said:

The game mode doesn't launch on PC. It lets you boot into the game, but the second you navigate through to the Escape the Darkwalker mode, then pick your region, gender and save name the game freezes when loading and doesn't let you proceed. I've sent a ticket to hinterland support and checked the discussions - people are having this issue alongside me.

If I can help in any way, please ask.

It now lets me boot in, I'm not sure why it now works, but it does! TIME TO SCARE MY PANTS OFF (or is that not what i'm meant to do, maybe i got the order wrong)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just made it to minute 43, got trapped in the dam.
 

So, I was scared physically sick.  I left the game 20 minutes ago and i still want to cry. And above all, I really, really want my mommy!

So, well done, I guess! 😄

  • Upvote 5
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I have played The Long Dark a little since I got the game here and there but haven't played it a lot because I am not good at it at all. When I played the game before it had some moments that get your heart racing a little. This update though is definitely scary in my opinion. Hearing the DarkWalker get close and having the fog sit in and seeing a campfire in the distance that isn't close. The scariest part though is when the warning pops up on the screen that the DarkWalker is getting close and you are walking right towards him. This is my favorite update so far and I wish it was available all year long.

Great update/event!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really like the atmosphere of this whole thing.  The Darkwalker getting close and that anxiety affliction were pretty interesting to see. Now that I've gotten a feel for the rules of the event, I think I will have no trouble covering most, if not all of the world.  So far I've got DP, CrH, and CH in the bag. Didn't loot everything, and skipped the coastal townsite entirely, but I'm well kitted out just the same.  Just entered Cinder Hills on my way to PV.  So far so good, haven't died yet!  I found out that time accelerated actions are allowed, so I think Thompsons Crossing will be a pit stop to rip up some curtains,  fix some gear, and get this revolver in fighting shape.  Not sure if I'll have time to get to TWM and back before heading to ML...  Might have to burn my fog glyph on that one. Certainly not the summit, but maybe find the campsite and get the note at least.  It'd be kind of an accomplishment to obtain every note in the event in one pass, and on my first attempt.

My plan, when I finally get to the end of the road and death is inevitable, I'm gonna unload on the Darkwalker.  Who knows, maybe it's possible to kill the thing.

Edit: Woo within 30 seconds of posting this and getting back to the game, the first badge popped!

Edit 2: It appears fog only progresses while you're actually in the region.  Upon my return to PV, the fog was still at 29%.  This is good intel if I decide to attempt a second run.  Anyway, third campsite visited, still not dead.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

My plan, when I finally get to the end of the road and death is inevitable, I'm gonna unload on the Darkwalker.  Who knows, maybe it's possible to kill the thing.

According to the steam announcement you can neither see nor damage it, but don't let that stop you from trying

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welp, I'm getting multicolored "tv snow" that covers the entire screen every time I boot up the game. I've been really looking forward to this event and would love to be able to play. Just tried twice through Steam. Currently on an iMac, and now I'm going to try and figure out how to submit it as a bug.
12670955_TVSnow.thumb.png.31a71f9a575979c62a92274a1ce33040.png

Edited by devamadhu
Edit to add screenshot
  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

We also wanted to freshen things up this year and do something different that would perhaps embrace a bit of a stronger “horror” vibe than we normally would in the game.

and you made it !

Thanks for the event.  I didn't play long and, since I try not to have it spoiled by reading the forum, I have still no idea what I'm supposed to do, except survive 😝 (run baby, run ! that, I understood). For me that's part of TLD's challenge to have at first no clew about how to play, and learn it as it goes, often the hard way...
I guess I'll have a few hours of *fun*, and that's appreciated to renew the interest in the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Me: Oh, Escape The Darkwalker is up!
Significant Other: Do you mind if I sit here and read while you play?
Me: Of course not, I'll put my headphones on.
1 hour later....
Significant Other: Honey, why are you hiding behind the sofa screaming in horror?
Me (imitating survivor): The shadows are moving!.....I'm not alone out here!....It's huge!.....
Significant Other: Oh come on, let me try....
30 minutes later....
Significant Other: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First playthrough, made it to 38 minutes, mostly because I instead of just trying to escape the region faster, started looting the area like I usually do in a survival game. First mistake. XD
And to add insult to injury, whilst trying to get to the closest transfer to a different area, I was scared shitless from a deer running towards me out of the fog.
This challenge is spooky enough without random deer almost running you down...
 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, devamadhu said:

Welp, I'm getting multicolored "tv snow" that covers the entire screen every time I boot up the game. I've been really looking forward to this event and would love to be able to play. Just tried twice through Steam. Currently on an iMac, and now I'm going to try and figure out how to submit it as a bug.
12670955_TVSnow.thumb.png.31a71f9a575979c62a92274a1ce33040.png

I am having the exact same issue. :(

I am running a 2019 Mac mini with an eGPU, so perhaps this is a Mac thing? Am going to also try the support portal. 

Ciao 

183877194_screen_(13941)_7cd8a81a-fc34-4d35-a9b7-9e90e4ea6487.thumb.png.c293872c2c8eb7ddbc9e28a92be871f5.png

 

screen_(139, 4, 1)_88d010ce-c11c-42a5-aa5a-745f20c771ad.png

screen_1d1bfdbc-2932-4c94-85c8-18aa22f18efb_hi.png

Edited by Cheese_ZA
Different screenshot of issue
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Minya said:

First playthrough, made it to 38 minutes, mostly because I instead of just trying to escape the region faster, started looting the area like I usually do in a survival game. First mistake. XD
And to add insult to injury, whilst trying to get to the closest transfer to a different area, I was scared shitless from a deer running towards me out of the fog.
This challenge is spooky enough without random deer almost running you down...
 

I don't mind the deer they can't kill, least no bears / wolves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, nicko said:

I don't mind the deer they can't kill, least no bears / wolves.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm quite happy that you don't have to suffer from being stalked by other things as well, it was just scary as shit when that deer came running straight at me, out of the dense, green fog XD

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share