Was there a Rupert's Landing?

dalan42284

So when Wintermute first came out. Will killed the bear with a rifle and brought the animal's ear to Jeremiah. I could have sworn the trapper mentions a place to Mackenzie called Rupert's Landing. Was it my imagination because the second version of the story is very different. Maybe the devs changed it but I still like the name.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, dalan42284 said:

So when Wintermute first came out. Will killed the bear with a rifle and brought the animal's ear to Jeremiah. I could have sworn the trapper mentions a place to Mackenzie called Rupert's Landing. Was it my imagination because the second version of the story is very different. Maybe the devs changed it but I still like the name.

In Predux Jeremiah mentions that he goes there for supplies, but the town isn't mentioned at all in Redux.  In reality, there is a real town called Rupert's Landing in Ontario.  It's NNE of Toronto.

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng

Maybe after Wintermute is finished Raph will tell us how the original story was planned to pan out. Because .... I think what we are getting now is pretty different from what was originally planned for the game.

Edited by jeffpeng