Completed my First Challenge! 🐻

PurpleWolf13

I have never really tried to beat any of the challenges in the game before, except for The Hunted Part One and I didn't get far with that and top it off, there I ended up dying by a wolf.

But today I decided to take a shot at trying that challenge again and I completed it! Let me tell you, I've had a intense afternoon this day playing it.

Took me a full week to get out of the Pleasant Valley region, spent a little time in the Farmhouse and went up to the Signal Tower with the Radio and everything.

Passed through Winding River with no problems and got into Mystery Lake at last! Everything went smooth for the most part as I headed to the Trapper's Homestead. 

20201024_164128.thumb.jpg.a20afe00fc987ec419dc6b0fc170d700.jpg20201024_164140.thumb.jpg.ac7c26585624eebe4898c3a79be0adb9.jpg

Like I said, I had a crazy time evading the Old Bear. I got attacked two times, and barely survived. But I learned some new things and discovered the Prepper's Cache, which was a cool surprise to me.

Now I will have to complete The Hunted Part Two!

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Congratulations!

I remember that feeling too when I launched my first attempt at this challenge...
The initial brutality of the mauling was indelibly etched into my mind and it took me a few tries to vanquish the bruin.  But I finally did!  

Here's your official Bruin Buster's Award !    🏆 

• Like 1

Update; so I completed Part Two of The Hunted Challenge!

20201025_133209.thumb.jpg.0b9ef88ffca036619acfe8dc97145b66.jpg20201025_133217.thumb.jpg.b2f1a4ccb0618aa24ace76d122c48801.jpg

I'm guessing in Part Three of this, you'll be having to go to Broken Railroad to get the Spear at the Hunting Lodge whilst being hunted by the Old Bear again. 

Here's a bonus pic I managed to take before the Old Bear began mauling me at the end.20201025_133235.thumb.jpg.deb5a12bd83e4b4a512cb8439b3b5b49.jpg

• Upvote 1

That's awesome! Glad you made it ❤️

To be honest though, I don't think I can play that challenge after last time. It's definitely challenging but this past attempt, I had made it to the field just down the way from the Pleasant Valley Farmstead, It's snowing pretty heavily and it's near night time. I turn around and see the bear coming after me. I don't know why but that truly terrified me, my heart was pounding and by the time the bear had finished me off, I was shaking and couldn't calm down. If I hadn't talked to my closest friend that night, I would've had nightmares about it. :(

Maybe someday when my anxiety is more controlled, I will attempt this again :)

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, PrincessAutumn said:

That's awesome! Glad you made it ❤️

To be honest though, I don't think I can play that challenge after last time. It's definitely challenging but this past attempt, I had made it to the field just down the way from the Pleasant Valley Farmstead, It's snowing pretty heavily and it's near night time. I turn around and see the bear coming after me. I don't know why but that truly terrified me, my heart was pounding and by the time the bear had finished me off, I was shaking and couldn't calm down. If I hadn't talked to my closest friend that night, I would've had nightmares about it. :(

Maybe someday when my anxiety is more controlled, I will attempt this again :)

Thanks! 💜 Yes, the challenge is indeed stressful, especially when it gets to the point where the bear is constantly stalking you, and it's running than slowing, than running and than doing a real charge. 

Oh and seeing the bear in the distance and seeing it charge at you at a crazy speed is something else.

Edited by PurpleWolf13
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ManicManiac said:

@PurpleWolf13

Congratulations, well done!

The Hunted challenges are definitely my favorites.  I loved the anxiety of being mercilessly hunted in part one... and the cathartic role reversal of part two.  I'm happy that you seemed to be having as much fun with them as I did.  :)

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Thanks, the Hunted Challenges are my favorite too, even though I haven't tried the others, I still know that I like the Hunted ones the best. 

• Like 1