Connection Map - Help Needed

Sherri

Working on a map based on AxeMan's original, which will be useful for travel planning. Shows:

• Which regions connect to which others.
  • Which will require a inventory-limiting rope climb.

I'm currently going through the maps slowly to identify which connections require a rope climb to get from the main part of one region to another. This will help plan what you can carry for long inventory moving operations.

If anyone can easily identify which rope climbs I'm missing, please post here. I'm in the middle of working on this. :) Thanks!

long-dark-diagram-connections.png

Edited by Sherri
  • Upvote 1

Neat initiative, it looks to me like you got it all covered. As mentioned above, PV to ML transition has no mandatory rope climb. I come to think of a couple of regions that demand (edit: for us regular non-goats 😉) within-region rope climbs in order to scavenge all the good loot. If you feel the need you may include them, being BR, BI, MT, TWM, HRV and Ravine. 

Edited by manolitode
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

You might wanna high light that Raven's Ravine transition to Bleak Inlet requires you to bring your own rope.

If you don't want to backtrack it's advisable to bring your own rope, but one CAN spawn on a hook near the front door of the Pensive Lookout in Bleak Inlet.

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

However, you would need that rope if you want to rope climb down from Marsh Ridge to the muskeg, if you chose that way instead of going through the cave.

You can get from Marsh Ridge to the top of Hat Creek (and back) without using the rope climb or the cave.

11 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

If you don't want to backtrack it's advisable to bring your own rope, but one CAN spawn on a hook near the front door of the Pensive Lookout in Bleak Inlet.

Correct, I am aware of the rope spawning outside of the lookout in BI, which I often deploy in order to climb down into BI proper from the lookout. But to clarify,  I was referring to the down climb from Raven's Ravine so you could reach said lookout.  Sometimes I would find a rope in the cave by the parked log rail car in the ravine between the derailed cars and log bridge and the broken train trestle crossing but that is an iffy situation at best. 

I'm betting Hinterland has all the ropes deployed all ready in this scenario already.?

Ravine to Bleak Inlet is two climbs.  One down to the Ravine Basin (byor) and then one from the Pensive lookout into lower Bleak Inlet which may be byor.  It might be more illustrative to break Ravine into Ravine and Ravine Basin.

• 1 month later...

I'm hoping for some regions/minor regions that connect the edges of the map. Maybe a major one that connects mountain town, pleasant valley, river valley and timberwolf. And perhaps a minor one that connects broken railroad and hused river valley. I don't see any way they could connect desolation point to anything new though. But that's fine since desolation point has a forge.

2 hours ago, Satouthedeusmusco said:

. I don't see any way they could connect desolation point to anything new though. 

then how do you explain the broken bridge in DP.  seems there would be no need for a road leading past Hibernia processing with a bridge crossing if the highway just ended
in a dead end.  There's gotta be something on the other side of that bridge, connecting the region to another part of the island?  Or else why would the islander's have built a bridge crossing to no where?  hmmm....

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/25/2020 at 1:54 PM, UTC-10 said:

Ravine to Bleak Inlet is two climbs.  One down to the Ravine Basin (byor) and then one from the Pensive lookout into lower Bleak Inlet which may be byor.  It might be more illustrative to break Ravine into Ravine and Ravine Basin.

It's also worth noting that one cannot go from Lower Bleak Inlet up to Pensive Lookout without have first set the rope from the top down (regardless of whether or not is spawns on the hook by the door to Pensive Lookout (which it has in all my runs).

Both 1.3 and 2.0 are very good. You might need to move the Blackrock stuff a bit to make the connection to  TWM. I would not worry about matching exactly HL's map as it has had stuff shoved in to spaces that were probably never intended when story mode was first envisioned.

11 hours ago, Sito said:

Both 1.3 and 2.0 are very good. You might need to move the Blackrock stuff a bit to make the connection to  TWM. I would not worry about matching exactly HL's map as it has had stuff shoved in to spaces that were probably never intended when story mode was first envisioned.

Wait, there is a connection from Blackrock to TWM??

34 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Yes.  IIRC, it exits TWM through a cave on the very left edge of the TWM map and enters Blackrock in the hills near Bricklayer's Retreat.

Well well, I didn't know that! Thank you. Map updated! 

The Long Dark Connections Map version 2.1:

TLD-Connections-Map-2-1.png

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1