Ability to see more data while moving

ChalkboardCowboy

Maybe this could be a position for a new item: a thermometer

you start off in the game with no thermometer, you get no numerical readouts, just approximations (for example, you just get a temperature reading of "-10 to 0 degrees", when looking in the inventory without a thermometer).

When you find a thermometer (spawns at trappers homestead, forestry lookout, camp office, Carter Dam, etc etc) you get exact numbers.

Pressing the '6' hotkey will cause the player's view to look down, and a small thermometer come into view with the temperature clearly visible.

I would already be happy if the inventory HUD would show the calories I have, so I don't put 1kg of bear meat into me when I have already 2000 cals.

To fullfill the OP's request I think it would be enough to allow us to move while being in the "tab" screen. This would allow for quickly checking ones status without having to stop.

To fullfill the OP's request I think it would be enough to allow us to move while being in the "tab" screen. This would allow for quickly checking ones status without having to stop.

Now that's something that has annoyed me lately. Before the v.192 update if I was holding the W key to move forward and I pressed TAB to bring up the menu, I'd stop moving but after pressing TAB again I'd continue moving if I was still holding down the W. Now it doesn't. I have to release the W key and press it again to continue on my way. Very annoying if you only want to quickly check the time (should I take shelter here or can I make it back to my intended destination?) or how cold/ tired you are.

Being able to keep moving with the survival menu open would be great, but at least let me continue without having to release the W key.

Good idea about the inventory showing your current calories b.t.w.

Archived