Dev Diary – October 2020

Admin

On 12/9/2020 at 2:24 AM, Denis646 said:

5 years and not achieving anything

That's a very myopic way of looking at things. If you have followed TLD since its Early Access days, you will find the game has changed In more ways than you can count. Most of the changes brought about in the game was because the developers listened to the players' feedback. There have been several additions to the game and several areas have been reworked. One must understand while playing TLD that it is a game that is a little different from the standard, run of the mill survival game (of which there are plenty). The environments are beautiful, the sound is magical, the game mechanics are quite challenging in most places. It takes time to learn and enjoy. The audience, therefore, is also different to, say, a survival horror game you mention above. TLD is more than just it's story mode. People like to spend time in the environment for more reasons than just playing to achieve milestones.

so it is a hundred times harder than The Long Dark

So what? Is a game being hard to play the only benchmark for a game's success? Hinterland can tweak settings in their next update and make it impossible to survive, but that is not what TLD players need. A game that consistently keeps on improving, gets new content in the form of maps and game elements, new challenges, etc. all as free DLCs is really commendable. Yes, there will be bugs and issues, and I've seen them release updates to fix them.  Besides, have you played the game on Interloper? It is challenging and will test your knowledge about the game mechanics.

Chernobylite this game for a year so processed that words cannot Express

First of all, I have nothing against this game, may it succeed. But I won't play it, it is not for me. This game is still Early Access. One look at the steam store page will tell you how many issues this game has. It is playable, it is good based on the feedback, but with plenty of issues. Plenty of areas where the game shows why it belongs in the Early Access box. So I think it is unfair to compare an EA game with something that has seen the test of time and made it this far with such a massive following. 

I hear you when you say the Story mode has taken its time getting to E3. But I still enjoy playing TLD in Survival mode, the challenges, especially with new content they keep developing. So all is not lost. If you still didn't like it, you had the option to ask for a refund in a stipulated amount of time, which you should have done. Maybe TLD isn't for you, just like it isn't for a lot of people. What can you do? One cannot please everyone when developing a product. 

• Upvote 1

Removed posts. 

1) please treat everyone, including Devs with respect. 

2) please refrain from making untrue statements of fact. If you did not understand that The Long Dark is an episodic game in development that’s one thing but making up claims that we are deliberately misleading people is another. 

• Upvote 1

I really look forward to taking on Ash Canyon.  :)
I'm looking forward to trying out the new gear as well.
I'm really curious to see how they affect gameplay, before I decide whether or not I would use them in future runs.

However, I am going to wait for the next round of Hotfixes to be released first.
I don't want to risk any potential for the loss of badges, feats, or achievements.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac

On 10.12.2020 at 19:28, Admin said:

Удаленные посты. 

1) пожалуйста, относитесь ко всем, включая разработчиков, с уважением. 

2) воздержитесь от неправдивых заявлений о фактах. Если вы не понимали, что The Long Dark - это эпизодическая игра, находящаяся в разработке, это одно, а выдвигать утверждения о том, что мы намеренно вводим людей в заблуждение, - другое. 

That there would be any way to respond, it is easier to just ban me, great job!!! Although at first I just wanted to know the truth, and the real terms, it is easier for me then to demand a day back, what would I get back for the purchased game!!!

33 minutes ago, Denis646 said:

Que habría alguna forma de responder, es más fácil simplemente prohibirme, ¡¡¡gran trabajo !!! Aunque al principio solo quería saber la verdad y los términos reales, es más fácil para mí que exigir un día de regreso, ¡¡¡qué obtendría por el juego comprado !!!

They have never fooled people, for the game purchased you will get the 5 episodes of the story and a lot of updates, new content, regions among other things that make it a much better game little by little.

4 hours ago, Denis646 said:

Great, I got a ban for asking a question, not giving an answer, and even accused of lying, you just confirmed that I'm right, and you're lying to us claiming that you have a large development team, thus you mislead people that the game is being developed, and not giving people an approximate time frame. So the game is engaged in one person, you can ban me again, just fill in the video and not only, and show how the admin of the forum and the developer of the game, not podfbayushchie behaves with people. YOU CAN ONLY BAN PEOPLE FOR THE FACT THAT THEY WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH, I made screenshots of my messages and after you deleted it, I will not give me an answer! Everything is exactly the same again I will get a ban, but I will publish everything.

How do you treat people gloating over the authority to ban and not give an answer!!! Удачи, вам в сгорание!

You did not get a ban for 'asking a question'. You got a suspension for violating our forum rules and accusing us of scamming people by advertising our and delivering our game as an episodic one. We are sorry to hear that you did not understand this at the time, but we clearly label it as such. To be brief the information you feel we are preventing you from expressing was that we are criminals, will never finish the game, have more people working on the website than the game, and aren't as good as another game that you like.

If you wish to share your disappointment with the timing of the release of Episodes that's fine. But when you start making claims that you are presenting as factual and using your natural frustration just to be cutting and insulting then we're not interested in that feedback and you're welcome to find another forum to express that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...