the psychological state of the hero

Myroslav

someone else thought that it is possible to add another scale (food, water, fatigue, cold) that would reflect the psychological state of the hero? it can not threaten his life, but to create athmosferic (comments hero, visual effects). "Difficult decisions" which devs say just would affect it.

I would not like that. The psychological state in this game is determined by the player, not the game, and that's part of its appeal. You see in this forum that what one player finds thrilling, another finds terrifying, or one is bored while another is content and satisfied.

A conflict between how the game decides a character feels and how the player feels can ruin the experience and make you want to kill off the character rather than continue to play it. I have another game that does that and its the worst feature of the game because the emotional states does effect the character's performance.

I just read about the This War Of Mine. I was curious, I wanted to play it. I think this is a good way of development for The Long Dark. When devs will make a lot of scenarios in decision-making of moral uneasy - will be interesting. A "psychological state" I propose to introduce in order to play deeper immerse yourself in the game, feel and see how the character reacts to certain situations. Now, in many games there is no morality in the GTA can kill, loot and fun - it's great, but it becomes boring. I'm not a moralist to talk about what games children play. I'm talking about adult men who like to play. Yes, maybe there's a subtle psychological way to the player in The Long Dark and, say, killing a man in order to survive itself (perhaps in story mode it will be) realized the severity of the act, and then did not need to dial "psychological state". Many people are not just empathize with what is happening in the game. I am no exception. In order for me to empathize with the hero with him should be something hard.

Well, before suggesting adding elements of TWOM to TLD, you might want to try TWOM to see if that's really what you like to play.

Myself, I prefer the originality and vision TLD's developers have demonstrated thus far. I'd like to see how it all turns out with the story modes as they intended. With the game being still in alpha, it seems premature to suggest major changes.

Well, before suggesting adding elements of TWOM to TLD, you might want to try TWOM to see if that's really what you like to play.

Myself, I prefer the originality and vision TLD's developers have demonstrated thus far. I'd like to see how it all turns out with the story modes as they intended. With the game being still in alpha, it seems premature to suggest major changes.

So, am getting the results about the game This War Of Mine. You know, I really enjoyed it. I've been trying to survive, he played eight times. The longest lived 41 days, but did not win at that time. Won only now, the war ended on the 36th day. It was very difficult. I knew what kind of psychological discomfort you said. The game, of course, very depressing. But this is its essence - the war is never easy and fun. In the TLD will also be situations in which the hero of a difficult choice (to kill people, to select food, plunder) and it should affect the psychological state of the hero. In the TLD is no such depressive pictures (all in black tones), and there is not a war, but also virtually hopeless situation.

Thank you for showing me This War Of Mine. I love games that do not leave you indifferent. )

This has been brought up several times before, last time there was a thread "Sanity" or so.

Just a way of artificial complexizing of the game to give it more tension somehow imo.

Not a very good idea I believe.

hey pls stop being rude to the poster, he's suggesting something that may add more immersion suddenly youre all over the place ruining his ideas...how rude mr pikkue, yes im pointing at you pikkue or whatever your name sound, sounds like a rabid rotting animal to me, though..LOL

You're disqualifying yourself here, not to be taken serious. Pls stay in dem steam forums next time.

Have a nice day.

You're disqualifying yourself here, not to be taken serious. Pls stay in dem steam forums next time.

Have a nice day.

hey

stop bashing the steam forums they have awesome guys there.

They do indeed, and that is not being questioned here, however one correlation that has come to my attention is that the number of aggressive confrontations in the Hinterland Forums has increased in direct proportion to the number of Steam forum users that have migrated over here. Now I really do not think this is down to coincidence.

Unfortunately, there is a conflict of interest here:

• The original members of this forum who were here before the mass exodus from the Steam forums have discussed many topics previously. (most) New members who have come from the Steam forums automatically go on a binge, writing out every idea they have, even if it is completely against TLD canon (I'm talking people suggesting electric items, despite electrics not working due to Geomag disaster, as one example). I haven't a problem with people suggesting ideas, and encourage those with original ideas to step forward, however many of those who come on here are of the type who do not bother to read over preexisting posts on the subject they suggest and end up reiterating the same stuff over and over again, and also believe that their opinion outweighs everyone else's.

• As you can imagine, this irritates many of the older members, and you can expect significant backlash from users who have reached the end of their tether.
    secondly, arguments that raged on Steam forums largely did not affect us over here, prior to the migration. Now that many of you have come over here, you've brought your angst, your rivalries and your petty differences over here, resulting in a escalating amount of flame wars, and not much actual discussion of the game going on.
    Admittedly that is to be expected, but not to the extent people have brought it to.

In response to all this infighting, I would like to make a statement to address our current situation:

Although we welcome new members to the forum, please remember that you are entering a place where many other people have had more experience with the game than yourself, and have differing views on the the topic. Please respect this fact, and also respect those who have been here longer than you. To the greatest degree you can manage, please avoid retaliating to insults (let Ryan or the Admin deal with it) and learn to grow a thicker skin. responding in kind only escalates the situation, and that only worsens your community image. And remember, this is a forum for rational discussion, not brow beating people wit your opinion because you think it's the best thing since sliced bread

Says the person who fell back to that defense only after realising that they've been off topic all this time:

hey pls stop being rude to the poster, he's suggesting something that may add more immersion suddenly youre all over the place ruining his ideas...how rude mr pikkue, yes im pointing at you pikkue or whatever your name sound, sounds like a rabid rotting animal to me, though..LOL
hey

stop bashing the steam forums they have awesome guys there.

Both times, your comments were completely off topic, but then again, that's none of my business now, is it?

I would suggest you stop attempting to throw your weight around, you have nowhere near as much influence on these forums as you did back on the Steam forums. Keep that in mind, and we'll get along just fine.

Now, back on track:

A sanity meter would detract from the realism of the game, as sanity is a subjective thing, it differs from person to person, so introducing a sanity meter would only give the perspective of sanity from that of the feature's creator.

Friends, let's go back to discuss the topic of fasting. Everyone has the right to express their views, no matter how long ago he came here - we want to help make the game brighter. Let us, like Bernard Verber, follow the rule of "Cooperation, Reciprocation, Forgiveness" - it is the most effective way to communicate.

By the way, have you read the answers Raphael van Lierop? He talked about how to make the game more realistic and harsh, as I understand it. But he also said that he would not alter gameplay (which means that most likely will not be added Sanity or psychological state).

Archived