Living in a Fishing Hut!

Cosmoline

In previous versions of the sandbox, when I tried to set up camp in a fishing hut even for a night, the wind would shred my clothes regardless of the fact that I was sheltered. The new patch changes that and as a result it's now entirely possible to set up shop in a hut or huts. Right now I'm slowly working away at the local wolf population on the CH build based out of two huts. I keep a fire going almost all the time, and have a solid ton of meat stored in them. The only thing I need is that bearskin bag, which would truly come in handy when it gets deep cold in the mornings and I wake up freezing if I forget to stoke the fire.

Visibility is better than the island cabins and absent a storm you can see wolves a long way off to plan your approach or avoidance. There's no snow berms to worry about. It would be interesting to *start* a game based out of these, at least once you've found the basic tools. The only thing missing is a workbench.

When I am reaching the last phase of the game where I'm out of everything I aim to settle in a fishing hut for the same purpose for as long as I have a fishing line to catch fish. Once I cannot fish anylonger though I move to inside a hut with a stove so I can keep the fire burning there for as long as possible, smaller risk of getting eaten by a wolf :D But technically you can live for as long as you wish in a fishing hut as long as you can provide food by any means.

Archived