Greetings from East Coast Canada

Lumiiyx

It's been a long time so I joined a forum for a game, but I am quickly becoming a huge fan of The Long Dark (I play every night before bed since getting it on the Switch).  First player games were never a thing for me and add survival on top of that. I hate going out in the cold as it is, and now playing a game that is forever winter, I should cry (autumn is my favorite Season). But something about this game really drew me in.

I have so far started story mode (the Old Bear and the Aurora Freak me out, so great job Devs. Well Played!!), started a Pilgrim survival mode and started a No Stress No Threat Custom which is the perfect way to relax after a hard day's work.  I've gotten some basics down and have added it to my streams.  I do stream on Twitch, and tend to freak out at sudden movements from the wolves and that freaking deer who popped out of nowhere and gave me a heart attack. I swear I am going to kill it . .as soon as I get my aiming down and hunting skills. I have none, nada, zip, zilch. That's why I am doing a No Stress no Threat Custom ;) .

Other than that I work a 9-5 job Monday to Friday, have a variety of gaming interests and have met some cool new people who enjoy this game as well that I have learned quite a bit from and I hope to meet more!

Sooooo . .Hiiii :)

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, TiffTastic said:

Welcome and nice to meet you...love your avatar too🦋

Nice to meet you as well and thanks. Butterflies are cool.  I love the different vibrant colors.

On 10/1/2020 at 9:10 PM, ManicManiac said:

@LumiStylesTTV

Welcome to the wilderness.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Thank you ❤️

19 hours ago, PurpleWolf13 said:

Welcome, I hope that you enjoy the forums 💜🐺

Autumn is my favorite season too, I love the colorful foliage and the cooler temperatures and gorging on pumpkin pie and pumpkin cookies. Plus my birthday is in the fall, so that's a bonus for me!

I am definitely enjoying the forums. Get some good tips, hahah.  All good reasons to love Autumn.  It seems so calm and peaceful during this time of year.

6 hours ago, JMK said:

Hi, I love your country 😉

TLD = relief from work and life various frustrations here too 😉 

Yeah.  I love living in Canada.  I've lived in Central Canada to the East Coast, I have never ventured to the West Coast.  Where I live we don't have nearly as much scary wildlife, the most dangerous would be Eastern Coyotes, but I live in the city and only foxes are that daring, well, the black/silver fox was.  But yes, TLD has definitely helped as a relief from stress. One of the few games I play daily.

• Upvote 1

Nice to meet you fellow Canuck. I'm in the Hip's home town. Where are you at in the maritimes? NS? NB? PEI? I mean, if you're in Nfld, you're gonna get a good dose of the good weather starting pretty soon (and as an aside I'd really love to be able to create new regions in the game for other places in Canada; Killarney/Bruce in Ontario and Gros Morne in Nfld would both be excellent candidates imho; sort of "TLD: Killarney" or "TLD: Gros Morne" kinda thing).

I hope you enjoy your time here, it's a pretty decent bunch of folks in here, which makes this place unusual on the internet ;)

Edited by stratvox

8 hours ago, stratvox said:

Nice to meet you fellow Canuck. I'm in the Hip's home town. Where are you at in the maritimes? NS? NB? PEI? I mean, if you're in Nfld, you're gonna get a good dose of the good weather starting pretty soon (and as an aside I'd really love to be able to create new regions in the game for other places in Canada; Killarney/Bruce in Ontario and Gros Morne in Nfld would both be excellent candidates imho; sort of "TLD: Killarney" or "TLD: Gros Morne" kinda thing).

I hope you enjoy your time here, it's a pretty decent bunch of folks in here, which makes this place unusual on the internet ;)

I'm in PEI, I did live in Ontario years ago and still have a lot of fam up that way. That would be really cool to have new regions. Could tie it in with getting off Great Bear Island.  Sometimes, I feel like Multiplayer would be feasible. Like someone is Astrid and someone is Will, but that would be a lot of commitment to keep it going on both person's part.

I was in PEI back in the late eighties... beautiful place, at least in the summertime. 

Yeah, I dunno about getting out of Great Bear, but it would seem to me that there're lots of things one can do with the basic world premise of The Long Dark....

I think multiplayer would have to work on a "session" basis with a pretty limited number of players to keep it feasible. Like, you have a group of four players and they get dropped at random places in the world, and the game clock progresses when everyone's logged in to play. Would mean that a game would require some sort of bulletin board facility that the players could use to schedule when everyone's available to come in and put some time in. Time dilation is the big problem here; if you settle in for a long session on your bear coat you don't want to have to sit there for thirty hours watching your guy work, but you can't really dilate the time unless it's suitable for everyone. Hard to know how to manage that....