500 DAY STALK

Dalos

ML day 21 - not quite sure how to spend the near future in mystery lake. I just completed rabbit skin mittens so my temp hovers around 21 even with everything not so repaired. this isn't quite enough to be walking around in the early AM with no worries but is still pretty sufficient for the lake.

I think starting tomorrow, weather permitting, i'll take the long way back around to the damn, making a stop at the trashed lookout, then those trailers. If i see a  bear there i'll make a move on him, even though it isn't an ideal place to hunt. Then end up at the damn and try to open all my missed lockers since i have the prybaby now.

in the meantime, here's a nice pre-sunset to admire.

image.thumb.png.aba3924927c25f466d95597b1259cd88.png

ML - Day 22  well that was the plan but then this beautiful bastard showed up on the way and i find myself collecting stones for a rock cache. Why do i have to traverse God's green one for stones when the earth is made of them?

image.thumb.png.d14233cacc5e4b4c6df923778f7ee0a8.png

ML Day 29 (continued) well that certainly worked out. I found a wool shirt which even at mid condition is better than my red sweatshirt. Then i got a ruined earflap that i was able to repair (9%) and some wool long johns.

now, i realize that this is the Stalker loot table and blah blah but it's also almost 250 days in and no matter how i play there's a very specific and overwhelming joy when you find that second pair of undies!

image.thumb.png.80b55c800798013ae4d233851084ed79.png

(cont) but it all pales in comparison to this gem. Before finding it, i was alternatively considering making a moose hide cloak, hunting down another bear or maybe even bringing the long johns to Bleak Inlet. But this settles that.

a bit of a shame because i just finished crafting my 2nd wolfskin coat but hey, beggers can't be choosers. So unless i find something like snow pants, i think it is pretty clear that when i head to the Inlet i'll be bringing the handgun, Moose-hide satchel, Bow and Arrows, Bear Skin Bedroll and my new best pal.

image.thumb.png.ccf268ff4ca549b5e22c4294baac65db.png

it might seem strange to bring a coat when there will be an abundance of wolves in BI to skin but that is treacherous and i worry about the early game on the map there. it is also good to see that not all the clothing i find is ruined.

for now, i am going to repair it, put it on a mantle and store it at the dam till i come back this way in 20 days.

Mystery Lake Day 50 - spend the last 2 days in the damn just waiting for the 50. Just tooling around outside during the day and sleeping indoors at night. My 50 day timer went around 10 PM so i'll be waiting till  the sun comes up and thn heading to the ravine to spend 1 night there down the rope to avoid any Cabin fever nonsense.

at first i was paranoid because not only do i have to climb that rope but i am also bringing another rope for Bleak Inlet so i can climb down further once i get to the radio tower area. Then i realized i'll be dropping 95% of my gear so no worries there. Merp.

image.thumb.png.425674e18f440bac6b41ce4c4166cd9b.png

Spent 2 nights in the Ravine, one at the top, the other at the bottom. As with the Crumbling Highway, anything i pick up in a transition region is fair game.

and so it figures, i do get the flare gun but only 2 shells. No hammer but a bit of scrap metal. Some cattails too. I do get another wool cap, which helps out.

this time it really hurts dropping my gear. No more double undies, no more double sockies, etc.

and it just occurred to me that i am 1/2 way done. On to the inlet!

image.thumb.png.542f904058ae76f0d046dbd2d664c7b8.png

Bleak Inlet Day 1 - ok, confession time. Even though i have many hours devoted to this game, i really haven't spent much time here. Typically, if i spawn here my first goal is to GTFO as soon as possible. I know the basic layout and all but i have no idea what kind of loot will be offered.

Truthfully, i knew i was going to tackle this one later in the challenge and it's the first time i am wondering how much of a struggle it is going to be. I do appreciate the cattails and rabbits once you land on the map.

However, i don't appreciate the cold. it's strange being cold again and having to warm up with tea after not having to do so for days on end.

image.thumb.png.adafd77dbcf99398b70c71923d504ce5.png

BI Day 1.5 - killed a few rabbits at the top. was going to cook them in the cave on the left but then i remember that my fire options are limited. I have 12 matches plus a few flares i just picked. Not great for 50 days in one map.

so against my better judgement i make a run for the tower holding raw meat, rabbit skins and guts. For some reason the timberwolves run away from me. it must be the 250 day stench.

I do pick up an old fashioned parka in the tower but no matches. A few books and some herbal tea though.

i make it to the tower with no problem and hook up my rope to the climbing spot. Which is great because i didn't need to lug that one down here after all.

image.thumb.png.5593d14ea94d56882fd64954653b37a3.png

BL Day and Night 2 - made it to the radio hut and looted the few cars for another flare. The hut gave me a few ruined food things which i can still eat (cooking 5) and the dream score of another expedition parka. I might have preferred some good pants though.

anyway, i arrowed a deer on the way to the hut and he had the nerve to die in the windiest spot on earthy. I did get his hide and 9 KG of venison but timberwolves kicked my A on the way back to the tower. i did get one of them though and skinned him and got his 5 KG of meat.

I just finished cooking them all and also found a cooking pot in the lookout which is fantastic. Didn't see it on my first walk through there.

Now it's aurora time. Got some food to burn for a little while, although i can't take it all with me down the rope, which is my next stop.

Also, no idea where there's a workbench. I assume in the cannery but i don't remember.

and what are those crazy lights in the distance, a forest fire?

image.thumb.png.4f0cfe8b1108d286f510fddd55bfbaea.png

BL Day 4 - this place is kicking my butt so far. no tools, no matches found. Just a bunch of flares. Found some decent clothes items but am hesitant to repair anything because cloth is so rare. Can't cut up old bedrolls without a knife either.

the weather stinks too.  it's freezing and windy.

and when it's clear, yuck.

image.thumb.png.1ea2abe0e981f69a240615a3c8150689.png

BI - Day 4 part 2 tried to take advantage of the aurora to get inside the cannery quickly. got jumped right outside before i could get to the trailer. Had to heal up with 2 bandages and 2 shots of peroxide.

got inside the cannery late at night and still got jumped by this creep. got him, but sacrificed my bearskin bedroll, my wool mitts, my hat and my shoes. But i'll be eating timberwolf tonight.

image.thumb.png.96f2b7d9bf1c0e3ea9fbd6fba106079f.png

the BS bedroll loss stings because with that i think i could sleep outside the cannery in the little protected area and stave off cabin fever for a while.

things were looking a little "bleak" (heh) but then i stumbled upon a hacksaw and a knife in the cannery and some stuff i could use to repair my equipment. Also, gauntlets and then these...

too bad they are actually ruined beyond repair. argh.

image.thumb.png.57b6ed3b71d0e80a2cf709b191bef284.png

BI Day 8 - things are looking up. This gent was generous enough to give me my arrow back an the expire pretty close to the fallen lighthouse.

image.thumb.png.94fa34a925c433173532a01fc19c5158.png

I quartered him and was going to bring him back to cook in the little fishing cabin but then remembered the lighthouse has a six burner stove.

cookin'.

image.thumb.png.0762b13c467841fae95cacdf68b3681a.png

BI Day 10 - flush with plenty of bear meat from cooking on that beautiful five burner stove i changed my plan from camping out there and fishing to exploring a bit. I don't need to go to that little cabin in the North East quadrant yet so i took the secret mountain path to get above the Delta. I camped out a night in the little cave there then headed over to the top of the map where i saw this gent.

image.thumb.png.2171fe4bf241be3b3c147c23863cea87.png

I do have plenty of food, but then again it's now pretty far away and because of the omnipresent winds, it takes forever to walk around this map.

so i got him but now i need a place to cook and store all of him. And to decide if I really want the Moose Hide cloak afterall.

BI Day/Night 16 - made it all the way back to the Cannery, found awesome insulated boots in the little safe and........got jumped by Los Lobos before i could head up the rope. I was frantically trying to drop stuff, including the worn old fashioned parka but didn't get it down fast enough.

Then i had to fend some more off before i could head my sprained ankle because apparently you need ankles to climb ropes.

still, made it back up to this home base and even crafted some gunpowder during the nightly aurora. I may craft some bullets for the rifle i discovered back on the other side. So far i only found one cartridge.

There's no food here and i learned my lesson a long time ago on Stalker to never try harvesting a dead wolf in the middle of wolf country so i'll be going back to the shore cabin near the fishing hut tomorrow to live there for a while.

image.thumb.png.cbb091ecf241e1540d9c1444fabb8351.png

BI Day 21 - made my way up to the little cabin in the top right quad of the map. Gonna calls this place home for a little while. it has the big advantage of many sticks and big branches that just aren't found anywhere else on this map. I never realized how few sticks fall here.

climbed back up to the tower to gets some old dry guts and a deer pelt i left from day 1 or 2. and i found the below. Never knew this was here.

image.thumb.png.b4c42a80d6f6f9e318d7c0709c36d17a.png

BI Day 24 - ok, one of the problems i have with the game is that if i take a few days off of playing i totally forget where i put stuff.

for example, i have a bunch of raw meat at the Pensive Lookout tower from a dead deer and a bunch of timberwolves. Last time i played, i knew i was going to be spending 4-5 days up here living off that meat. I was going to sleep through the night, collect firewood and use my cooking pot to make enough water and steaks to last a while.

went to play today and no cooking pot. Not in the drawers, not on my person, nowhere.

I must have left it at the little cabin by the falls. I climb down there, but can't find it. I light up the lantern to look, and voila.

image.thumb.png.176c1a1ca39ddde7164f20f859e198f8.png

too bad that's not mine. i mean, good on me for finding another one and all but still.

so i grab it, climb back up and then...*chefs kiss*

image.thumb.png.4baafca42d0ac67f1ecb77d8838a5fe4.png

time to cook

Forlorn Muskeg  - Day 1

stinks to drop all the gear again. at least i didn't have the option to keep headwraps or sexy underwear. It's nice being super light on my feet again though...looking at the bright side.

i thought about keeping those insulated boots that i found but the step up from them from decent work boots isn't that amazing.

I also thought about taking my second expedition parka, which seems pretty obvious.

but i've got 50 days and an outdoor crafting table. and every clothing item i find now is ruined. so i brought that cowichan sweater. Let's see how things go.

image.thumb.png.be4481b61f0a1f79e78c7db50d6af422.png