The Long Dark Art Thread

44 minutes ago, Alruhn said:

Oh my goodness, this is awesome! Does your aunt also play The Long Dark?

she did for a little bit, my uncle is into buying and selling games, they had it at one point and she had a couple of pilgrim saves. if she comes over we sometimes play together but not so much anymore sadly.

2 hours ago, Screenshot Pilgrim said:

If it's okay to repost a picture, I would have a few to add to the thread.   Some new stuff down the road as well.

I like your aunt's painting.  🙂:coffee:     Here's one I did with acrylic on canvas.  A friend did the photo processing for me.  

879104780_HyperboreanForest.thumb.jpg.4d96418f7f2f6f58330a60aefe51a1cb.jpg

wow! amazing. I'm posting one of mine on here later, but this is so much better than mine. also reposting is ok, with credit or say that you don't know who the artist is :) :coffee:

Edited by Wintermute_TLD

1 hour ago, Wintermute_TLD said:

reposting is ok, with credit or say that you don't know who the artist is :) :coffee:

It's me. Only, I had already posted this picture on the forum.  Anyway, good thread idea.  I'll be happy to contribute periodically.  

And thank you.  😀🍻🙂

Edited by Screenshot Pilgrim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My goodness, I had no idea that TLD had such a talented community! I hope to add a few of my own sketches to this topic someday, though they seem inferior to all of these. I love how they are all so different, even if they are about the same game, and they all have different styles. I could go on about each of them but I don't wish to bore anyone.

Don't mind me whilst I gaze enviously at these drawings.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Jeffery Simpson

This is all so great! It's always amazing to see how talented The Long Dark's players are. We may share some of these for future #FanArtFridays!

• 10 months later...
8 hours ago, Screenshot Pilgrim said:

1282230027_Lament(2).thumb.jpg.c3a5c7a63aab019f4f67ff08cbee23fb.jpg

Lament

Oil on canvas - 18 x 24 inches

Perhaps it was from having an imposing peak towering over, or some other impediment, but I ended this one with a mostly shrouded valley, devoid of much detail.  A painter friend of mine, fond of weird fiction, said it was to protect the privacy of the Old Gods.  Well, maybe.

Simply stunning !

• Like 1

@Leeanda

Thank you, Leeanda!  I'm so glad to hear that. 🙂:coffee:

I've started using oils after years of enjoying acrylics.  I haven't trudged the snows of The Long Dark for some time now, but it still seeps into my artistic work from a memory store of moods and sensations.  For me personally at least, that's a substantial credit to its makers. 

• Like 1

Can't deny that this game has a beauty unlike any other I've ever seen. For me your work  really captures the feeling of isolation and beauty that TLD  does so well.   

Regardless of the inspiration it's a beautiful piece of work and you should be very proud.

My apologies for not explaining it as well as I should but putting thoughts into print is rather difficult for me.

I'd love to see more of your work  if you ever feel like posting more.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1