The Zero challenge

Stone

The goal is survival on Interloper with Zero hours spent indoors.

I hoped to introduction this challenge with my own success but so far I've been wolfed, fallen down the ravine, and repeatedly frozen.

Yes, you can nip into a building without hitting 1 hour indoors. It's theoretically possible without even that but even nipping in places isn't going to save you from the cold. 

Deadman. Pah. More like cosy bed man... 

• Upvote 2

@darkscaryforest yeah that was quite an adventure. @fauxjargon posted an excellent 90+ day outerloper adventure. The big boon in Outerloper is caves were 'in'. In this challenge you can't go into cave's warm bits (game counts as indoors) but you can benefit from the solid wind protection for your fire. Similarly, undertakings such as @Gooner77 's impressive Keg Stand thread (FM only) reaps the boon of caves, in particular the coal, which is going to be hard to renew in this challenge. Today I'm wondering if you can dash through Cinderhills one in under 1 hour to open the challenge up to a PV/TWM start...  

On 9/24/2020 at 6:52 PM, Stone said:

The goal is survival on Interloper with Zero hours spent indoors.

On 9/25/2020 at 3:52 AM, Stone said:

The big boon in Outerloper is caves were 'in'. In this challenge you can't go into cave's warm bits (game counts as indoors) but you can benefit from the solid wind protection for your fire.

Whoa that is a challenge.  I guess you'd have to continually collect enough fuel to keep a fire going for sleeping?  I look forward to hearing about anything folks come up with!

Edited by darkscaryforest

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 4:52 AM, Stone said:

@darkscaryforest yeah that was quite an adventure. @fauxjargon posted an excellent 90+ day outerloper adventure. The big boon in Outerloper is caves were 'in'. In this challenge you can't go into cave's warm bits (game counts as indoors) but you can benefit from the solid wind protection for your fire. Similarly, undertakings such as @Gooner77 's impressive Keg Stand thread (FM only) reaps the boon of caves, in particular the coal, which is going to be hard to renew in this challenge. Today I'm wondering if you can dash through Cinderhills one in under 1 hour to open the challenge up to a PV/TWM start...  

It honestly wouldn't have made much difference to that run if I couldn't go into the cozy back parts of the cave.  You want to build your fire "outside" for maximum burn time anyway, and a fire with decent burn time is warm enough that the temperature boost from "indoors" doesn't matter much.  Now, not being able to take advantage of mines and loading-screen caves (which you used to be able to build fires in) absolutely would have made things harder.

Not to mention, TWM and HRV are both basically pointless zones without the ability to go inside caves.

Edited by fauxjargon