Switch Wintermute 1 issue

Wintermute_TLD

Ok so, bought The Long Dark for switch, yesterday I beat episode 1, tried to progress through the cave 

(Minor spoilers from here)

But when i went through, it didn't show the bear attack cutscene, it just transitioned into mystery lake. I've tried restarting, new playthrough, and nothing works. Anyone having the same issue / got a fix? 

That's been a problem for a while.  Keep going in and out of the cave and eventually it will trigger the cutscene.  Sometimes it happens your first trip, sometimes it happens your 10th.  Kind of obnoxious but meh.  It takes like a minute to force the cutscene to fire, out of what is otherwise hours of gameplay.

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

That's been a problem for a while.  Keep going in and out of the cave and eventually it will trigger the cutscene.  Sometimes it happens your first trip, sometimes it happens your 10th.  Kind of obnoxious but meh.  It takes like a minute to force the cutscene to fire, out of what is otherwise hours of gameplay.

Thank you so much! Hopefully this works, if it does you've saved me hours :)

I have this for the switch as well and running into the same problem. I tried this fix for 15 mins still with no luck. I also tried to sleep in the cave and restart my game multiple times. This was my first play through but wanted to make sure that I was doing the right exit as I didn’t know where the bear attack occurred and I was at the right one, but also just noting I even tried both exits.

Edited by Jayne
More information

We managed to fix this problem by waiting for button prompt to appear as opposed to just walking out of the cave. Holding A to leave the cave triggered the bear cutscene actually doubled some items in the inventory (like the rifle). It also marked the missions in episode 2 that I had already done completed. It seems like we're good for now.