I may have screwed the game up completely...

PapaLingLing98

Okay, so I'm on E2, chapter 1. After fixing the transition bug from E1 to E2, I then get and complete the quest to explore the Dam. (And yes, I had previously explored the area before I realised there was a problem.)

Now, the Wounded Trapper quest is stuck in my journal and I cannot transition to Forlorn Muskeg.

Please help as I love this game and I don't want to skip this episode because of one bug.

12 hours ago, oakiboy said:

how did you fix the transition bug??? im cant fix it at all 

I did what other fixes have advised: keep going in and out of the cave. It varies for some people; 3 times, 5 times... It took me close to 10 for it to work.

But I figured out why shit didn't work for me: I progressed so far into the bugged playthrough that it just broke on me. So I had to start again and lose everything.

I think the same must have happened to me.

I was not aware of any cutscenes meant to be happening and have just kept playing through the game.

I then encountered a bear whilst on a crashed train and there was a cut scene.

After that the screen is now just completely black except I can see text if I move the camera stick and happen to hit on an object.

We managed to fix this problem by waiting for button prompt to appear as opposed to just walking out of the cave. Holding A to leave the cave triggered the bear cutscene actually doubled some items in the inventory (like the rifle). It also marked the missions in episode 2 that I had already done completed. It seems like we're good for now.