The "Did you know?" thread

SirSharper

Haha, my Father (who hasn't been playing long) also didn't know about ledges.  I recall a time we were talking about TLD and he said, "There are some areas I can't get to because the rope climb is too long".  I replied, "Are you using the ledges to rest on?"  He said..."<Bleep!>" :)

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Haha, my Father (who hasn't been playing long) also didn't know about ledges.  I recall a time we were talking about TLD and he said, "There are some areas I can't get to because the rope climb is too long".  I replied, "Are you using the ledges to rest on?"  He said..."<Bleep!>" :)

Its a game changer! i also just found out that you can cook "ruined" raw meat up to 50%    : I'm 256 days into my second survival :) 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 7:40 PM, SirSharper said:

When I realized you could stop on ledges while climbing. 

So much wasted coffee. 

It just occurred to me yesterday, when climbing back up to the top of Bleak Inlet, that what I needed was to collect some sticks on the way to the rope climb. I climbed up to the ledge. I built a 70 minute fire and made some water. I waited the fire out, resting. Then I finished the climb. Of course then I was immediately set upon by Timberwolves. They regretted that however and now the lone survivor is terrified of me.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, acada said:

I do remember the moment I realized it is possible to rest on ledges. It was real facepalm. But nice one. One of my graves is in Ravine under the rope.

So many Ravine stories :D my personally store was climbing to the radio tower At Pleasant Valley. Dropped like a stone, used an emergency stim, a couple bandages some pain meds and made it halfway to the farmhouse and bled out right around where the bear could eat me. wish i could have fired 1 last round into the bear before dying, but my wrists were "sprained" 

3 hours ago, dustinmico said:

I'm just perusing these threads and happened upon this one.. this stopping on ledges I did not know... will have to give it a go on my next big climb. Awesome!

since finding this out, i've found some loot on ledges too. pretty nice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. S. said:

I had played for many hours and had a 300+ day survivor before I realized you could cook at fireplaces. 

Sure made staying at the mountaineer’s hut a different experience. 

oh man, yeah, makes a lot of places better too survive in for sure! 

• 2 months later...

Did you know that if you accidentially right-click with a torch in your hand you spend a match? – Don't hold unlit torches unless you plan to light it immediately!

I guess a lot of people know what I just wrote, but I thought a thread like this could be useful. This is mostly such a friendly community, so I thought it would be nice if we could just give eachother the odd tip here and there (without getting flamed by people saying "everybody knows that!"). Hopefully we can all learn something here.

Stay warm and safe everybody!

• Upvote 7
  • Like 3