A Few Pics from my first Stalker Playthrough

PurpleWolf13

So on the 3rd of this month, I began my first playthrough on "Stalker" Mode of The Long Dark. Previously I have played on "Voyageur" Mode. Tried "Pilgrim" once, didn't care for it. My current main save file, my 18th, is a "Custom" game. 

I have been doing pretty good in my "Stalker" run so far. I started the game in Mountain Town, as I wanted a region I was familiar in when first playing a Mode I wasn't familiar with.

My food situation has been good, I have found BOTH the Rifle and Revolver with ammo for them. I managed to shoot down a wolf. I also have a hatchet, prybar, hunting knife and an Expedition Parka. Surprised how lucky my first try at Stalker has been. Hope the luck will last.

Anyways here are my pictures, the quality may not be the best as I used my phone camera to take them from off the screen.20200908_000926.thumb.jpg.d2ffd56d9b54271857d946f3659dbb37.jpg

1. After I created the save file and played it for a bit.

20200908_001001.thumb.jpg.49213503784f49f4035eead974457238.jpg

2. When I got the Revolver from the big house in Milton on the hill.

20200908_001020.thumb.jpg.9544309d240c8182db67b438e1d1259c.jpg

3. My first visit to Paradise Meadows Farm, where I discovered the Rifle on the bed in the bedroom.

20200908_000354.thumb.jpg.d493080faeeac66723ede23788eccbb5.jpg

4. A paranomic mountain view from the clearing between Milton Park and the cave to Mystery Lake.

20200908_000344.thumb.jpg.76708336b74f0e44581e22347f77d563.jpg

5. Another shot from the cave in the clearing.

20200908_000606.thumb.jpg.3bdf6e34300430e0895fb1952a718d44.jpg

6. Me with a bedroll and fire in the cave at evening fall. 

As you can see, I 💜 taking pictures of The Long Dark. In total, I have 4, 746 photos from all my time playing the game!

• Upvote 3

Hey buddy, I love the pics! But here's a little tip for you, if you run Windows then you can press F12 for better quality pics and you won't have to use your phone :3 

As for playing on a higher level, I know the feeling well. I mainly play Pilgrim just for exploration and getting great screenshots without worrying about getting attacked by predators lol but lately I have played on Voyageur and have tried The Hunted Challenge because Pilgrim was getting so boring and there was really no challenge at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, PrincessAutumn said:

Hey buddy, I love the pics! But here's a little tip for you, if you run Windows then you can press F12 for better quality pics and you won't have to use your phone :3 

As for playing on a higher level, I know the feeling well. I mainly play Pilgrim just for exploration and getting great screenshots without worrying about getting attacked by predators lol but lately I have played on Voyageur and have tried The Hunted Challenge because Pilgrim was getting so boring and there was really no challenge at all. 

Thanks, but I don't play The Long Dark on a computer, I play it on my Playstation 4. I have all my pictures in my Capture Gallery, don't think I would be able to transfer them to my phone to get to them to this website.

And I play mostly on Voyageur because I enjoy the balance between Exploration and Survival. Still have had crazy times in medium or normal mode.

Speaking of hectic, my Stalker run was nearly over as I got attacked by a wolf and tried to use the Revolver to defend and I got messed up real good. Somehow I was able to survive and get to my base and patch up completely in my panic. 

5 hours ago, PurpleWolf13 said:

I have all my pictures in my Capture Gallery, don't think I would be able to transfer them to my phone to get to them to this website.

I don't have a console, but I would be surprised if you couldn't access things like this through some sort of account you can get to by web browser.

• Like 1