row boat

Dragonfall17

the row boat could be used in rivers and in the ocean. it would be exhausting but a quick way to get to other regions. great bear is not a single island, the rowboat would be how you get from island to other island. this would be far in the future, and I would like to ways to keep it from being too OP.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

All that has to be done is create the brand-new regions, determine their landscape, logically populate with structures and locations, determine how they interconnect with other regions, integrate all that into the game, maintain them, and deal with the inevitable bugs and problems that would occur.  All while maintaining the existing survival mode, developing the story mode episode, and work on "time available" things that can be fitted into the available work time. 

The idea is fine.  It is the cost to deliver it that torpedoes it, at least at the current time. 

Just now, UTC-10 said:

All that has to be done is create the brand-new regions, determine their landscape, logically populate with structures and locations, determine how they interconnect with other regions, integrate all that into the game, maintain them, and deal with the inevitable bugs and problems that would occur.  All while maintaining the existing survival mode, developing the story mode episode, and work on "time available" things that can be fitted into the available work time. 

The idea is fine.  It is the cost to deliver it that torpedoes it, at least at the current time. 

he said this would be far in the future...

if this things existe it would be nice to be able to "live" the journey not just tp from one dock to another in anther region... we will need to prepare food and water for the journey cuz we know we cannot light a fire on a boat we could be able to fish though. also we would have to make shure to have great windproof coats and clothes to make it alive. i like the idea. 

this idea makes sense with an idea i had on another topic ill quote it

12 hours ago, oplli said:

I was just thinking about some random things that could be happening during a sandbox randomly but those things can completely change the way you play and you will have to adapt.

i am talking about forest fire, earthquacke, BIG BIG BIG blizzard, etc. the type of things that modify the environement for ever (in a single sandbox)

those things like the forest fire could destroy some part of the forest or even small buildings and change it forever lets say there is a population of deers living in that burning forest then once it has burned down the deers will migrate and you will have to find where they migrated if you wanna eat the next couple of days. the deers will never come back to the burned forest. In the case of a building you will no longer be able to acess it (there are already some buildings that have burned versions so i assume thst it wont be that difficult to add that, same for trees.

the earthquacke could block entrances to some regions (as we know it regions all have multiple places where you can acess em so you will have to take other path some could be longer than before. it could also scare animals away, lest say you are tracked by a wolf it could be the one event that saved your live but will make it more difficult after that...

big blizzards could destroy windows of houses making em less protected to the cold. it could also take down big trees wich could potentially block entrances to places in the world. maybe they could even make you unable to breathe if facing the wind it would force you to stay inside during the blizzard.

now, individually some are easier to implement in the game but for the big blizzards especially i think that it would be extremely difficult to implement it would need to be falling tree coded case by case and widows coded case by case it would also require to make every interiors building that would have breakable windows to now adapt em to the outside map...

now the most important is the idea about earthquackes. if earthquackes were to be added in the future the boat could be an alternative to blocked paths in the mountains.

it would be way quicker but extremely dangerous.