Which is better?

TIMBERBEAR810

I suppose it depends on what your difficulty is.

If it's Pilgrim, Voyager, or Stalker; then I'd say consider a Bearskin Bedroll (since being able to get two expedition parkas are pretty great - it does have the best "heat/weight" ratio as well as best windchill protection).

However, for Interloper one might consider a bearskin coat despite how heavy it is (because it does have highest temp boost and armor rating - valuable in interloper). 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

I suppose it depends on what your difficulty is.

If it's Pilgrim, Voyager, or Stalker; then I'd say consider a Bearskin Bedroll (since being able to get two expedition parkas are pretty great - it does have the best "heat/weight" ratio as well as best windchill protection).

However, for Interloper one might consider a bearskin coat despite how heavy it is (because it does have highest temp boost and armor rating - valuable in interloper). 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Thanks that really helped.

21 minutes ago, TIMBERBEAR810 said:

Gracias que realmente ayudaron.

hello in my opinion if you play pilgrim voyager or stalker the bearskin sleeping bag is the best and to keep you warm the expedition parka combined with the military coat, and if you play in intrusion I recommend the wolf fur coat that in addition to shelter you have the possibility to drive away wolves.

• Like 1

If you are stalker and below I would make the bear coat.  If loper, it would depend on whats most needed both are good options.  Anywhere below loper there are plenty of bedrolls around that would do just fine in most situations.  It's weight makes it less desirable below loper difficulty, being 3x the weight of the bedroll.

• Like 1

If you're playing anything below Interloper, don't bother getting either one of them because you simply don't need to. Otherwise, I'll go for the coat, not sure about the bedroll though.

Right now, I'm using Bearskin + Mackinaw and normal bedroll combo on Interloper and it's been working out pretty well for me.

• Like 1

On Interloper, the bear coat is fine (if you have the satchel to counter balance it) but I would not craft the bedroll, because of how fast it deteriorates in comparison to regular bedroll. The regular bedroll is super easy to fix but the bear bedroll just annoying with the needed hides. In most cases when sleeping outdoors on Interloper later in the game you need a hot fire next to the sleeping place anyway so the temperature bonus of the bedroll doesn't necessarily matter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mistral said:

On Interloper, the bear coat is fine (if you have the satchel to counter balance it) but I would not craft the bedroll, because of how fast it deteriorates in comparison to regular bedroll. The regular bedroll is super easy to fix but the bear bedroll just annoying with the needed hides. In most cases when sleeping outdoors on Interloper later in the game you need a hot fire next to the sleeping place anyway so the temperature bonus of the bedroll doesn't necessarily matter

Yeah on interloper i would def make the coat because of what you stated but now i'm playing on a lower difficulty custom game so i have quite a bit of loot including a expedition parka paired with a wolf coat and the moose satchel and other high-tier clothing. Also, i almost done the wrapped in furs achievement except the bedroll  so i'm really wanting to make the bedroll but i'll have to consider the repair cost so thanks for your answer. 

Edited by TIMBERBEAR810

4 hours ago, PrincessAutumn said:

For myself, I always choose the bearskin bedroll as the expedition parka(when I can find it) is much lighter and is less restrictive on movement. The warmth bonus of the bearskin coat is really nice but moving quickly and having more of a sprint bar is nicer :D 

Up to and including Stalker there is not that much of an incentive to go with a lot of animal gear unless you play super long games. Even the protection isn't really necessary as wolves aren't that dangerous, although it helps. But man made gear will always be better for weight and stamina, while still useful protection. And eventually you will be almost always warm, so you don't need to sacrifice anything to get an extra degree here and there.

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 1