Strength skill

Craftion

Not sure if this topic was talked about, apologies if it was. I was thinking of potentially adding a strength skill in the game. We mostly carry a lot of heavy items when we travel, as well as travel very far, and I believe adding this skill should give a very slight but realistic benefit to the player.

Just some ideas:

-The struggle bonus against the wildlife would be easier the higher your strength (but not over powered

-At the highest level you can walk thru snow just a bit faster (no where near running speed)

-Added bonus of 2.5 kg carry weight at mastery with a .05 increase with each level

-Walking/running would burn less calories each level

-Maybe an increase to the stamina bar at level 5

The skill itself would increase very slowly by how much the player carries and how long they travel for. I do believe the game shouldn't be made super easy, but I think that many players would benefit from this added skill.

Just my thoughts ☺️

P.S

Let us make snowmen! ☃️❄️

On 9/4/2020 at 2:08 PM, Craftion said:

To be fair, the opposite would be true.  The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn doing anything.  Even sitting still doing nothing, your base metabolic rate would be higher than a non-muscular person.  That said, if you avoid starvation for 3 days you do get a +5kg bonus to your carry limit, and an additional +5 if you have a moosehide satchel.  That's 40kg, or 88lbs you can carry without penalty.  Even going straight up a climbing rope.  How many people do you know of can climb a rope straight up while hauling 40kg on their back? And you can go up to 50-55kg (110-121lbs) and still be walking around at a reasonable pace.  I'd say that's about all you could ever reasonably expect of anyone, regardless of physical conditioning.

To put it in perspective, that's about on par what your average soldier carries around with all day them when in combat, when you take into account armor, weapons, ammo, water, batteries, other miscellaneous gear.  So yeah...our survivors are basically already at military-levels of physical fitness.  I think that's pretty good already.

I also pointed in the post of @PatriotIf this idea comes up, then malnutrition and muscle lost must follow. There's no way a person burning this much of calorie with that amount of muscle carrying 20~40kg continuously on the snow surface survives only with 750cal per a day.

To keep such physique, one should consume minimum 3000~4000kcal per a day. My malnutrition post has a reference in there. Then, Well Fed should be requirement, not the optional thing. 

Edited by sonics01

23 minutes ago, sonics01 said:

I also pointed in the post of @PatriotIf this idea comes up, then malnutrition and muscle lost must follow. There's no way a person burning this much of calorie with that amount of muscle carrying 20~40kg continuously on the snow surface survives only with 750cal per a day.

To keep such physique, one should consume minimum 3000~4000kcal per a day. My malnutrition post has a reference in there. Then, Well Fed should be requirement, not the optional thing. 

I agree about the malnutrition aspect. As well as muscle atrophy, but given the mechanics of the game regressing a skill doesn't seem likely. So debuffs would be the way to go about things.

On 9/4/2020 at 9:08 PM, Craftion said:

Not sure if this topic was talked about, apologies if it was. I was thinking of potentially adding a strength skill in the game. We mostly carry a lot of heavy items when we travel, as well as travel very far, and I believe adding this skill should give a very slight but realistic benefit to the player.

Just some ideas:

-The struggle bonus against the wildlife would be easier the higher your strength (but not over powered

-At the highest level you can walk thru snow just a bit faster (no where near running speed)

-Added bonus of 2.5 kg carry weight at mastery with a .05 increase with each level

-Maybe an increase to the stamina bar at level 5

The skill itself would increase very slowly by how much the player carries and how long they travel for. I do believe the game shouldn't be made super easy, but I think that many players would benefit from this added skill.

Just my thoughts ☺️

P.S

Let us make snowmen! ☃️❄️

i would like to see your three first ideas on the list but i think that the other last ones are too much. decreeasing the calory burned is i think too overpowered