Spiffy Up The Joint ^_^

Patriot

Alright, so I have made some suggestions about customizing the "primary" bases on each map. Kinda like one might do in fallout. However, I've got one more element I'd like to suggest.

Nick Nacks!

They can be almost anything, some action figures, bells, dolls, even the skill books could qualify. Just have a place in the home you could fix up a display. With the skill books a bookshelf or regular shelf. A regular shelf would suit most anything.

That aside another thing one could practice is the art of taxidermy. We have to hunt anyway so why not? Make the place a little more homey.  It could help to delay Cabin Fever, if you'd like an effect with it. Everyone knows collecting things helps keep one engaged once you've managed to get through the survival grind and developed those handy dandy sills.

On 7/3/2020 at 1:46 AM, ManicManiac said:

I've been in favor of being able to better customize living spaces (finer/more precise control over placing, stacking, and orienting objects; the ability to move small containers and small furniture around inside a structure)

:coffee::fire:
Knickknacks on the other hand... I just spoke about in another thread a few hours ago, so I will just echo what I mentioned there:

2 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

Novelty items?  No thank you.

I'd much rather Hinterland devote their time and resources on more Survival Mode updates, new regions to explore, and Wintermute episodes; rather than useless novelty items.
If there is no gameplay value, then I think that speaks for itself.  In a game about doing what you can to survive, I see nothing worth while in squeaky toys, shelf decorations, and other utterly useless knickknacks.

I know I read your opinion on that thread. Pretty much everyone here knows that you (almost) always side with survival aspects of the game over the various oddities. Do you think the various letters and computer messages take away or add to the enjoyment of the game? They can be completely forgotten about and ignored. More times than not they're very nearly meaningless. However, for those of us who like to collect scouring the world for them is enjoyable. It gives one a reason to travel from region to region. Same would be the case if there were radio theater programs I could collect (which I'd VERY much like). So while you may not want time invested in this over wolf skin underwear I think it's a worthwhile thing to consider.

2 hours ago, Patriot said:

I know I read your opinion on that thread. Pretty much everyone here knows that you (almost) always side with survival aspects of the game over the various oddities. Do you think the various letters and computer messages take away or add to the enjoyment of the game? They can be completely forgotten about and ignored. More times than not they're very nearly meaningless. However, for those of us who like to collect scouring the world for them is enjoyable. It gives one a reason to travel from region to region. Same would be the case if there were radio theater programs I could collect (which I'd VERY much like). So while you may not want time invested in this over wolf skin underwear I think it's a worthwhile thing to consider.

I agree with you. Nick Nacks wouldn’t be a game changing item, and your not obligated to pick them up or use them. Just a little something to make a base a little more colorful so you don’t go insane as fast.

Very much like the idea of this.  Different colour touques, miniature hockey sticks etc (doesn't have to be something uniquely Canadian). I like to organize my "bases" as well and find this idea most interesting.  I would also be very much in support (without the use of mods) to be able to clean up the clutter. Can't really place things on the shelves with the bowls and clutter.  Would LOVE to be able to remove it.

On 8/29/2020 at 6:46 AM, Patriot said:

Do you think the various letters and computer messages take away or add to the enjoyment of the game?

You make a fair point.  :)
I see what you're getting at, and I can agree that those extra touches can indeed be enriching in terms of world building and the various story elements that are sprinkled though out each region.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I can certainly concede that point.

Edited by ManicManiac