Tactical update

Mr. Spoiled Been$

Hello everyone. Here, I wants to tell you about some ideas of new update, what I would like to see in game in the future:

1. We know, that reloading our old great bolt rifle is fast. And I imagine: why pilot without shooting experience can reload gun so fast? I think that reloading time must be longer if player's shooting skill is low, reload animation must be longer than if skill of shooting higher.

2. If your skill in game of shooting is low, you can make reloading faster with special ammo bags on character's body. You know, like a soldier :)

3. And if we thought about soldiers, let's talk about two new weapons. First – shotgun. High damage size on low distance and no damage when you shooting too far from your target. It can be two barrel shotgun or pump action system. Second – automatic rifle. I know, everyone thought that I wants Call of Duty with furrys in Canada, but no. Weapon will got a lot of quality damage in blizzards and in other kinds of bad weather. But that isn't all bad things in this kind of gun. Ammo for automatic gun must be rarely, than bolt rifle's and revolver's ammunition.

4. Parody on Doritos in game. Only for fun 😁.

5 hours ago, Mr. Spoiled Been$ said:

We already cave ketchup flavored potato chips now.  To me, this one is already covered :)

5 hours ago, Mr. Spoiled Been$ said:

let's talk about two new weapons.

No thank you.  I don't think we need any more firearms in this game.
I'll echo what I've discussed before on this topic: 

On 1/7/2020 at 8:53 AM, ManicManiac said:

I think we have all the weapons we could possibly need.  (though I am still hopeful the bear spear will still make an appearance in survival in the future --- it's definitely not a necessity, but since it was spoke of by the Hinterland team... I'm eager to see what they'll come up with for it)

On 6/9/2019 at 2:13 AM, ManicManiac said:

Also, it goes back again to that feeling of vulnerability.  If you have too many weapons, you end up feeling like you are safe...on top of the food chain again.  I'd argue that the heart of this game is feeling isolated and vulnerable.  That we don't have everything we need to be on top... that we have to struggle, move carefully, and gauge risk and reward.  I tend to think that adding a more and more weapons will take away from that.  Which is why I don't think we need any more of them.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:08 PM, ManicManiac said:

I'd hate to see the game turn into "Call of Duty: Lost in the Woods." :D
- I think that would be really just too silly

As for loading... I think this is a little bit of a fallacy.  The character doesn't seem to me to be all that quick on the reload (at least no more than anyone else who's ever loaded one at least once before).  Besides, I think it's a little presumptuous to assume Will and Astrid have never seen a firearm before and would there for not have the basic intelligence to be able simply put cartridges where they need to go.  :D  And revolvers are even simpler...

I mean, with less than four rounds the character is loading them in one at a time (in a smooth and fluid motion sure - but I'd say that doesn't take any special skills/training ... it's just "put round in hole *pointy part towards the end of the barrel" :P).  With 5 rounds, we see they are on a retaining clip/loader/stripper clip (whichever nomenclature you'd like).  I'd also say it doesn't take much more than a little common sense be able to figure out how to load the firearms that are represented in the game.

Heck most of us born in the last two generations have the basic idea of how loading a gun/rifle works from just absorbing it through movies, television, even video games (sure those representations are not accurate, but even that small amount of exposure to the concept; I think most folks of any kind of functioning intelligence would likely be able to figure it out pretty quickly).

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I just don't see a need or any real added game-play value from the idea's put forth so far on this thread.
I mean nothing personal towards OP... I just don't think those changes "need" to be made.  I think the systems and mechanics are fine the way they are.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Like 1

To load six rounds in a revolver cylinder one would use a speed loader which holds all six cartridges aligned for insertion in one motion.  Then the loader releases the cartridges and is put away so the cylinder can be closed.  The M1917 45 ACP revolver used 'half moon' clips to hold three cartridges and was inserted with the cartridges which were rimless.  The clip also facilitated ejection of the rimless cartridges.

The stripper clips used in the SMLE was the fast way to reload the rifle.  Faster having to insert one round after the other.  One thing glossed over in all that is the 303 was a rimmed cartridge and if the cartridges were inserted incorrectly then one could experience rim-lock, a user caused jam, which meant having to unload the rifle of the rim-locked cartridge(s) then properly reload it.  Since TLD was supposed to be a story-driven survival game not a shooting game it was almost certainly not included as an unnecessary complication. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 1:24 PM, Mr. Spoiled Been$ said:

Hello everyone. Here, I wants to tell you about some ideas of new update, what I would like to see in game in the future:

1. We know, that reloading our old great bolt rifle is fast. And I imagine: why pilot without shooting experience can reload gun so fast? I think that reloading time must be longer if player's shooting skill is low, reload animation must be longer than if skill of shooting higher.

2. If your skill in game of shooting is low, you can make reloading faster with special ammo bags on character's body. You know, like a soldier :)

3. And if we thought about soldiers, let's talk about two new weapons. First – shotgun. High damage size on low distance and no damage when you shooting too far from your target. It can be two barrel shotgun or pump action system. Second – automatic rifle. I know, everyone thought that I wants Call of Duty with furrys in Canada, but no. Weapon will got a lot of quality damage in blizzards and in other kinds of bad weather. But that isn't all bad things in this kind of gun. Ammo for automatic gun must be rarely, than bolt rifle's and revolver's ammunition.

i like all of your ideas but the automatic rifle it it too much, lets see there is not really more than 30 bullets per region if you are lucky so if you loot everywhere you could be able to find someting like 4 to 6 mags in the whole game wich automatically reduce the use for a automatic rifle. i liek the shotgun weapon i think they sould have added thi one instead of the revolver it is logical the revolver is useless on bears only wolves and that makes it not that useful unfortunately a bear attack is way dangerous than a wolf attack by my experience. i would love to see a double barrel shotgun to defend yourself from bears. and you could even make the choice to cut its barrel to make it lighter but less effective at a longer range