Do you have a Bucket List in The Long Dark?

PurpleWolf13

This came to mind very suddenly and I wanted to ask, do you guys have a Bucket List for your save in Survival Mode of The Long Dark? Have you ever had any specific goals in mind that you have achieved or not?

Here's my Bucket List for my current save in Survival Mode (in no particular order);

-Achieve the Resolute Outfitter Trophy 

-Climb to the top of Timberwolf Mountain 

-Achieve Beneath the Starry Sky Trophy 

-Visit the 4 other regions (regions I have not been to, Timberwolf Mountain, Bleak Inlet, Hushed River Valley and Forlorn Muskeg)

-Survive 500 Days

I had two goals on my Bucket List that I already did, craft a Bearskin Coat and a Moose-Hide Cloak :) 

28 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

I want to finally finish my Personal Challenge:D
I've been working on it for more than a year now (as my time to play is rather limited where I am).
Three of my attempts were cut short by finding "instant kill spots" while I was trying to fully map regions, forcing me to start again from scratch.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

You'll get there someday! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had numerous bucket list goals in my main run. The big ones were 500 days survived which turned into spending my 500 day on top of the tail section at the summit, drinking coffee and then enjoying a aurora throughout the night. Then it was getting all skills to level 5 which I put on hold once BI was released since I was too slow with my fishing skill and then gunsmithing was added. I continued on with mapping and didn’t want to enter BI until I had everything else mapped. I took a little break from the game while I was pretty hooked on borderlands 3 but just this last week have come back once again to my trusty long dark friend. I entered BI for the first time on the weekend and got my skilled survivor and the faithful cartograher achievements. Next step is to get out of BI in one piece and head back to the Quonset garage. From there I have no plans but I’m pretty sure I want to aim for 1000 days. 

• Like 1

After many years I've never made it to 500 days.  My current stalker run is meant to hit that, get faithful cartographer done, and all skills to 5.  I always managed to die from some careless mistake and then put the game down for months or years.  270+ right now (my longest run) and hoping I don't get careless!

• Like 1

Just now, PrincessAutumn said:

Be able to work up the nerve to do The Hunted challenge and complete it. Never have done it once because I'm too scared :$:D 

Yeah, I tried it once and the Old Bear is certainly a scary one. I managed to evade him and lose him but as I was traveling, the hunting music kept playing so much and that was terrifying. Especially at night. Wouldn't have been able to complete it, as I had no idea where I was or where I was going. Ended up getting killed by a wolf. 🐺

Hey, I myself might try to attempt it again! 🐻

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 11:24 PM, PrincessAutumn said:

Be able to work up the nerve to do The Hunted challenge and complete it. Never have done it once because I'm too scared :$:D 

Just be confident in the knowledge that you are given what you need to complete it.  It is very doable if you keep calm and think.  I did technically not complete it, but only because at the end when the bear [REDACTED] I had a bug that meant the event didn't trigger and therefore there was no way to end the challenge.  I was a little salty about it and haven't felt like going through it all over again.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1