Whiskey

Topppsam323

Hi,

this might sound crazy but i would love to see old whiskey in the game :D i mean Jack Daniels or something like that. I also would like to see an option to make moonshine lol :D And why? Well, i think a player could consume the for getting warm or use them for making a fire etc. 

The warmth thing is a myth, alcohol makes you freeze faster. Now as a fire starter that sounds cool though. It could be an alternative fuel for people who disable fishing.

Oh one thing I want to mention, they might not add alcohol simply because of the rating. It's fine to run around slaughtering stuff and have dead people all over and everything.....but alcohol? oh no, that's too much for children.

Edited by odizzido

Hi there @Topppsam323,
I recommend the search function, because there has been a lot of good discussion about this topic in the past.

@odizzido is correct regarding misconceptions about the effects of alcohol.  I'll also echo what I've mentioned in the past on that subject as well:

On 9/15/2019 at 1:31 AM, ManicManiac said:

My overall thoughts on the subject:

I'm not in favor of anything in this game that would suggest that alcohol has any positive affects for a person in a survival situation that would outweigh the detrimental effects...  I think that would be an irresponsible message.

Alcohol may make one "feel" warm but it actually makes a person more susceptible to hypothermia (and dehydration).  The idea that alcohol makes you warm is a very old and very incorrect idea.  It's a depressant and diuretic (among other things), not things one would want in a situation like the one we see in this game.

We already have antiseptics in the game already so I will address that counter point right now.  There are also already much better ways to get calories than getting them from booze - so I wanted to address that counter point right away as well.

Alcohol is not only unnecessary for survival, it's largely more detrimental to survival.

:coffee::fire:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 7:27 PM, odizzido said:

Oh one thing I want to mention, they might not add alcohol simply because of the rating. It's fine to run around slaughtering stuff and have dead people all over and everything.....but alcohol? oh no, that's too much for children.

Many other games have alchohol, starew valley is 7+ for example and you can drink in it.

On 8/13/2020 at 6:27 PM, odizzido said:

The warmth thing is a myth, alcohol makes you freeze faster. Now as a fire starter that sounds cool though. It could be an alternative fuel for people who disable fishing.

parental control to disable spawn of alcohol