Radio Theater

Patriot

So here's my recommendation as a big fan of radio theater. A crank tape player. I don't know of that's a thing. If not then a tape player that only works during an aurora. While the music is beautiful and atmospheric Sometimes you want to sit down and read a book while waiting out a blizzard, but what if there's no light (or books since this isn't the elder scrolls, but I would love to see some). Surviving alone can take a toll on a man's sanity radio theater is a good way to pass the time. Stories to help take your mind off of the apocalypse. Canada happens to have a good library of radio theater so it shouldn't be difficult to find some good ones to use. One could also put a call out to the community to record their own stories. Even survival journals. 

I sincerely hope this might find its way into the game. Thanks for reading!

@Patriot, @odizzido, and anyone else who's interested:

I'd also recommend checking our Old Time Radio Researchers group (OTRR).  Their collections (along with others) can be found on Archive.org by searching in https://archive.org/details/oldtimeradio?tab=collection

If folks just want to listen rather than download there are the following YouTube channels:
Old Time Radio Researchers
Old Time Radio Podcasts
A Room With A View

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Glad to know there are other fans of OTR out there in the TLD community. :)

I will occasionally have episodes playing at a low volume in the background while I map my way across Great Bear Island; working on my personal challenge.

Edited by ManicManiac

• 2 weeks later...

You know what. There are all these useless radios around a survival map. At first I discarded the idea of using them for this, but I just had an idea. If each radio had a different episode or show those could be saved in your collectibles to listen to at another time. That way if you like to listen to things in order like I do you can find them out of order and then listen to them later as you collect them. Alternative each radio can have a unique show, but I'm still loving the idea of making them collectibles!